Call it Fate

chapter contains: slight switch in (sexual) dynamic, penetrative sex (with condom), slight overstimulation, praise, heavy kissing, awkwardness (at the end), pov switch

chapter summary: After Spencer had to leave during the middle of the night, reader started to think about how she feels towards Spencer a little more.

(Pov Switch) Spencer has a chat with Morgan about the girl Spencer keeps staring at from across the bar. Spencer decided it'd be best if he walked reader home, but reader has other plans...?

It takes a while to really acknowledge what's happening when you first wake up. My mind wasn't racing, in fact it was quite the opposite. It took almost a minute to fully process what happened the night before. It also took a couple of seconds to realize that Dr. Reid was no longer next to me.

My arm was sprawled across an empty spot on my bed. The sheets were still warm where his body had been, so I figured he couldn't have gone far, and it couldn't have been too long before he got up.

That was, until I heard quiet talking. So quiet that I had almost missed it. I finally opened my eyes and saw the lanky Doctor sitting closer to the edge of my bed.

"Alright, I'll be there in a bit," I heard him whisper.

It wasn't a secretive kind of whisper. It was more like, he wasn't trying to wake me so he was doing his best to be quiet. But he failed. Not because of his volume, but because, for some reason, my mind decided to wake me up due to the lack of his body heat.

I saw him hang up the phone, and even though I couldn't see his face, I had the feeling that he wasn't too excited about wherever he had to go.

To be honest, neither was I. Maybe it was the sleepiness in me, or maybe me just being clingy, but I wanted him to stay at least until morning.

But, this was what typically happened in one-night stands, right?

Spencer looked back at me, noticing that I was awake, albeit my eyes being nearly closed. I rubbed my eyes to try to wipe away some of my exhaustion, and looked up at his light smile.

"You have to go?" I rasped, trying not to let him see how I wasn't the happiest about the fact of the matter.

He sighed, "Unfortunately."

"You know with work and everything," he continued.

I knew about his job, and his weird schedule. So I wasn't going to make a big deal out of it. I understood.

"I know," I smiled and closed my eyes, stretching myself out.

Maybe if I didn't see him leave, it won't matter to me. Having that mindset didn't really work. Not after his hand came up to my cheek, his thumb rubbing soft circles.

"I had a good time tonight... Let's do this again," his voice was as soft as his touch. And for some reason, he gave me reassurance. He wanted to do this again, it wasn't just me.

I bit my lip to stop the small smile from forming on my face. "Me too," I agreed to his statement.

"Trust me, if I could stay, I would," he whispered.

Deep down I knew it was the truth. After all he had told me to trust him, and I did. Which is why I gave him a small nod.

He took the nod as his permission to leave, bidding me goodbye with one last kiss on my forehead.

"Be safe, Dr. Reid."

"Try to get some sleep, okay?"

"Okay."