Extended Prologue | Copyright Statement

SAVING MADELEINE

COPYRIGHT STATEMENT

No part of this work may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without the author's permission, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical articles and reviews. Characters, names, events and incidences in this book are either products of the author's imagination, or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

In other words, copy this book elsewhere, or use it as your own work, I will personally cut you up and feed you to my dogs. :)

All Rights Reserved © Mary-May

~~~

EXTENDED PROLOGUE

Making sure I locked the door and fastened the windows, I slowly crept up the stairs and into my bedroom. I peeked through the window.

A man wearing a black suit stood on guard at the door. I let out a heavy sigh and lay on my bed trying to get some sleep as I tossed and turned.

It was a Saturday night, and we were all seated at dinner- dad, mom, Matt, and me.

Suddenly the doorbell rang, making us all jump.

"I'll get that." murmured dad, not wanting to leave the delicious food that Mom had made. He pushed his chair away and wiped his hands on a napkin.

After a few seconds I heard him whisper,"No, I can't go back! I have a family to take care of!"

He was trying to keep it low. But he didn't succeed and we could hear everything he said.

I looked at Matt and there was a look of confusion etched on his face.

"What's going on?" He mouthed.

"I don't know..." I mouthed back.

Mom looked alarmed, and something told me that she knew what was going on.

Suddenly we heard dad shout and there was a thump just like how it would sound if somebody fell hard on the ground.

The minute we realized that something had happened, we all ran into the hall from the dining room, our hearts beating in our throats.

I screamed with fear at the sight before me. Dad was on the floor covered in a pool of blood a knife embedded onto his back. There were three men dressed in black. Even their faces were covered with some type of black mask.

And that was when the chaos started.

Everything was a blur of fast movements, and hell came down in a matter of seconds.

One of the men threw a knife at mom. She ducked, but she never escaped the second knife.

"We'll take the boy." He threw his knife at me, with great precision. It whizzed through the air, but I didn't move. I couldn't- I was numb. And Matt simply pushed me and took the knife to his stomach.

I woke to the sound of someone screaming. A second later, I realized it was me.

I bolted upright , and tears ran freely down my face as I pulled my knees to my chest. Three weeks, the same nightmare. I had lost my entire family to someone.

Who are these people?

What do they want from me?

~~~

A/N (Important- pls read :))

Hey there :) I'm baaaackkk!! Thank you all for your support and encouragement to write this book once more.

This version is totally different from the previous version of the book (the order of events have been changed), so I suggest you read this again....

Plus, this time I promise my updates will be faster and there will be less A/Ns to help with the continuity :)

If you are reading this for the first time, I hope you like it... if you do, please vote and.
comment! Don't be a silent reader; constructive criticism is appreciated.

A lot of hard work has been put into this book, therefore don't be mean to the author. Think before you comment.

To all the innocent people who just want to read, if anyone of you notice that this book is being written under someone else's name, please don't hesitate to mention it to me.

xx
Mary-May