Chapter Eight: Until We Meet Again

When I ran, I thought I would never see her again. 

Several nurses yelled at me, telling me not to run. But I couldn't listen. I can't obey them. Not now. 

Finding a broom closet, I ducked into it. 

"This can't be happening. Marinette is not a fairy. She's a human. But-" 

How could she have survived that crash?

How did she have memories of me in the Salem Witch Trials? 

I felt like I knew her. I felt like I could-

For a moment, I could almost hear Marinette's twinkling laugh. I stared at the wall through tear-stricken cheeks. 

Calming down. 

Yeah. 

Calm. 

I pressed my hand against my chest. There was a cold feeling. No beating. 

"No." 

And it all came back to me. 

I remember that. Standing in the rain. But I don't remember coming back from the grocery store. 

I had felt a- a large pain in my chest. 

No. Backwards. 

I heard someone sobbing. I looked behind me. 

There was Marinette. 

She was... crying. About... me. 

"Adrien. Come back! I need you!" she sobbed even harder in the pillow. 

I suddenly saw a purple smoke forming behind her. When it got big enough, it floated out the window. I followed it. 

It touched Nino's forehead, and something in him changed. Like there was a memory implanted in his forehead. It touched Sabine and Tom's foreheads. Finally, Nino's mom was touched too. 

"Where's Adrien?" Nino's mom suddenly asked. 

"Getting groceries." Nino replied. 

NIno looked out the window, but he saw no one. 

I followed the smoke, and it hovered above the pavement for a few moments. 

I heard the cry, 

"Adrien." 

The smoke dove in the ground, forming into...

Into...

Me. 

I opened my eyes, drenched in the rain. 

"Adrien." 

I walked robotically towards Nino's house, and I opened the door, while I was greeted with a slap from Nino's mother. 

I clutched the place where my heart should be. No beating, no nothing. 

I was a being made of pure emotion. 

A word popped into my head. 

A sentimonster. 

"I'm a monster." I muttered to myself. 

"Marinette!" I suddenly remembered. 

I sprinted back to her, unable to tell her that I knew the truth about myself. She was probably hiding it from me.