chapter 02 → the lightbulb dangling by a thread

A/N: I'll be honest I really don't like this chapter all that much since we're going to be speeding through the last few character songs once we get to it and it really doesn't mesh well with the pacing and I'm sorry. Next chapter will be much better I swear.

★°・○。

You stayed like that for a few minutes, just silently panicking on the dirty floor of a theater bathroom. Not your proudest moment that's for sure. Eventually, you were able to calm down enough to leave the bathroom and head back towards the main hall before intermission was over.

Thankfully, you were able to remember those documents you read when you were younger about people with multiple soulmarks, the thought of not being the only one in the world was just enough comfort to calm your nerves. So, for now at least, you were just going to try and enjoy the show like a normal person without the knowledge that those are your soulmates on stage distracting you.

Okay, crisis over, time to go relax and actually enjoy the show, you though as you walked back through the empty hallways.

As you headed back towards your seat, you could see Eli and Lily talking to each other. They finally noticed you as you sat back down beside Lily.

"(y/n), hey!" Lily said, apparently so deep in conversation that she didn't notice you returning.  Both her and Elijah turned in their seats to face you as you got comfortable.

"Hey, are you...okay..?" Elijah asked hesitantly. It was then that you noticed their slightly worried expressions; perhaps leaving so suddenly wasn't the best way to keep your friends calm, either that or spending about three whole minutes having a quiet meltdown left you looking a little disheveled.

A small sigh left your lips, truthfully you could be better, but the last thing you wanted to do was worry your friends. "Yeah I'm okay, just a little tired that's all," you said with a comforting smile. The two glanced at each other, before nodding and accepting your answer.

Soon a comfortable silence settled over your trio as the three of you waited for intermission to be over, after all we still had to finish Adam of Cleves' story. As people began to return to their seats, a question dwelled in your mind:

If all the members of Six get a full length song explaining them, then does that mean that Hans Holbein is the seventh member?

"Hmmmm." You put a finger to your chin. Hmm indeed.

★°・○。

The curtains shut, the lights went out, the microphones were turned off, and finally Adam Boleyn could take a well deserved little break.

Adam breathed a sigh of relief as he handed his microphone and ear piece off to someone from the tech crew before following his fellow kings backstage to their dressing room. Once there, the first thing the dark haired male did was flop right down onto the couch provided for them by the owners of the theater.

He lifted his head at the sound of light chuckling and found James to be the source of it while Christian Parr stood next to him.

"Don't get to comfy now, Adam," Christian said with a teasing smile. "We've still got a show to finish and I don't know how good you'll bring it if you're half asleep."

Adam rolled his eyes and sat up. "Yeah yeah, I know." Once the dark haired male was seated upright, his fellow beheaded ex-king took a seat beside him, a nostalgic look on his face.

"I can't believe that this is going to be the last show!" he lamented, leaning back into the cushions "It's been so much fun and I'm going to miss this stuff."