chapter 2

It was in the middle of the night. Maybe 1:30 in the morning. Tossing and turning force me to not sleep anymore. Giving up, I faced my back to the bed, and my face to the ceiling.

Many topics to think about and very low lighting to see. The curtians were closed and the hotel hall lights were on. That's pretty much the only lighting we got.

Both palms of my hands were on the back of my head, my legs straight out. My mind thinking of many things. I exhaled a quiet sigh and contuined to veiw the ceiling.

"Can't sleep either, hm?" I heard Ketch say in a low voice.

My head turned to my left, seeing Ketch leaning against the couch leg. He looked tired and annoyed. "Yeah. Tossing and turning isn't a fun thing."

Earning a playful smirk from Ketch, he looked off to the side for a second before focusing back to me. "This couch isn't comfortable than I thought."

"Hey, don't bitch to me when I offered you the bed instead of the couch," I chuckled. Ketch also laughed a small bit, putting his hand out for a split second. Before he spoke, I said something first. "You can join me up on the bed if you want. I'd like to have some company."

"I couldn't, no-"

"Don't be weird now, Ketch." I laughed. "Come on," I said as I moved over to a side.

Ketch hesitated, lifting an eyebrow. He was probably a little confused or waiting on what to say or do. However, he decided to get up and climbed into the other side.

Putting his legs under the covers, mine touched his by accident and I made a sarcastic frown on my face. "Your legs are cold."

"Can't say the same for your, my dear." He didn't even try to hold in a smile.

Hearing him call me 'my dear' or some sappy thing like that makes me feel different. I don't know what, why, or how, but it just does.

We both kinda lay there, staring at each other in silence. It got awkward at first, but when Ketch had a serious face, I knew something was gonna happen. "Y/n..."

"Yes?"

"I've been wanting to talk, and we never got the chance. What I'm about to say... I can't hold it in any longer." Ketch took a pause, scanning between my eyes. "I fancy you, Y/n. I do."

I knew that was British talk for 'I like you', and when I heard that... I didn't know what to think about it. I mean... he's like my boss.

Although, he's another coworker. Having the same boss, who are in London. But Ketch and Mick are like the bosses here in America.

However, recently, I have been feeling differently about him in the few past days. One day, I overheard Ketch talking to someone over the phone. Saying that I should have an easy job and nothing to diffult to handle.

"Arthur, I..."

"Am I making you uneasy, darling?"

"No, not at all." I quickly said, hoping that I didn't upset him. "I may like you too, but Ketch... what about work? My brothers?"

Without hesitation, Ketch leaned out his hand to gentle lay it on my cheek. Rubbing my cheek with his thumb, smilng. "Best not to worry just yet, dear."

Pulling myself closer, it was Ketch who brought my face up to his to connect our lips together for a second or two.

Backing out to take another look at him, I lifted my hand to tangle with his hair as I pull ourselves together again. This one more aware and rough. What a night this'll be.

•••

Waking up from the feeling of someone kissing my neck, I tiredly flipped over to veiw Ketch already awake. One hand skimming up and down my arm, his lips play a smirk.

Not long after, I noticed Ketch being shirtless and me in a tanktop and feeling my underwear still on me. Not quite sure about his bottoms.

"Good morning, Y/n." Ketch greeted.

"Mm, morning." I weakly smile.

Ketch placed a kiss on my forehead and took my hand. His smirk turned into a smile. I leaned my head on his bare chest. He held me in close, leaning his head against mine.

"We'll get breakfast and then we'll go on that hunt. Sounds like a plan, hm?"

"Yeah."

"You don't sound so sure, my dear."

Sighing, I lean myself more into his chest. He held me in a complete way, arms wrapped around and all. "I'm just worried about anyone finding out about... well, us."

"Oh, Y/n." Ketch said softly, picking me up and setting me on his lap. "I promise you, Y/n... no one will find out. I'll protect you."

"I can also protect myself, Ketch. I'm a good trained hunter, and so are you. Most hunters can't have this type of relationship."

"We aren't like most hunters, are we?" Ketch raised a brow, asking. I gave a responsive nod of an 'I don't know' and a 'no' look. He pushed back a strand of my hair. "Well... wecan talk about this later. We have food to eat and monsters to kill." He cracked a smile.

After kissing his cheek, I got off the bed and changed into different clothes. Putting my hair in a loose braid. Ketch got changed into different clothes as well, although I prefer him in just a shirt and shorts.

I was wearing a plan gray shirt with a red flannel, jean shorts, and camo boots. Ketch wore a nice looking outfit with a coat, stashing black gloves in his pocket.

When packing up our bags, Ketch couldn't help but to look my way a few times. After catching him doing it, I smiled. "What?"

"Nothing." I got him to smile as well. "You're a great veiw to look upon."

"Don't get all sappy with me right now," I said as I grabbed my pocketknife from the desk. "I have a knife and I'm not afraid to stab you."

"Ooh, scary." Ketch joked, knowing I was joking as well. "However, I have a machete close by me, so who wins, hm?"

I raised my hands up to surrender, to then put my knife back in my boot. When we readied our bags and other belongings, Ketch followed me out and down the elevator.

Reaching the motorcycle, Ketch took my bag and put it on the bike. Meanwhile, I placed the helmet over my head and took my seat. Ketch wasn't too long before sitting in front of me.

"The wolf pack isn't too far from here, so don't expect a long ride over there."

"Copy that."