chapter 6

"For God's sake, Crowley. I told you to not sneak up on me like that again."

"Apologizes, dear. I just want to see if you're still on for dinner?"

Instead of giving him a response, I popped open the beer bottle and took a chug. Also walking away, I took a seat on the table. Not the seats, but on the actual table.

"No. You know what? You tell me right here and right now, or I swear to God, I will hunt you down and put a blade through your neck."

"How about we make a deal?"

A deal? Seriously. After years, today is when Crowley wants to make a deal out of me. He's made plenty of deals with Sam and Dean, but never once came to me. Not once.

"Aren't we pretty much making a deal?" I scoffed. "A trade of information to me, and you get to have dinner with someone you love."

He made some kind of buzzer-like noise. "I never said it was a deal. It's an offer that you went along with."

I took another drink from the bottle, staring him down like a guard. "No deal. You give what I want or I'll lock you up and throw you in the dungeon. I bet you miss that place." I smirked.

"Like you could do that by yourself," Crowley chuckled.

I laughed along too, pointing up towards the ceiling. He looked up and found a devils trap drawn. It was temporary. Wouldn't hold him long, but just enough to get him in the demonic hand cuffs, and off to the dungeon.

"Bollocks." He muttered under his breath.

"You should be more careful next time," I smirked while cuffing him.

Crowley mocked me with mouthing words as we walked to the dungeon, after I break a part of the trap. He didn't pull any crap, and did will to walk normally.

Grabbing hold of his arm, I dragged him to the library. Ending a conversation between the three men, they all looked shocked.

"Can you two take smartass here to the dungeon? I need a talk with Ketch."

Sam and Dean agreed, taking Crowley off of my hands and away from the library. Ketch turned to me, not looking angry anymore.

Possibly still disappointed, but at least he doesn't look ready to yell at me. My gaze met with his as I walk towards him.

"I don't want to fight."

"Agreed." Ketch nodded his head. "I hated yelling at you. I apologize... I'm looking after you, that's all."

"No, no, you're right. It was dumb to say yes to Crowley. I'm just focused on my scratches..."

Ketch made a hand motion telling me to come closer, and when I did, he pulled an arm around me into a hug.

He held me in his safe arms. I felt safe. This is what I want from Ketch... not fighting. Being around him now, it makes me calm.

Pulling out of the hug, Ketch kissed my forehead and seconds later, we both leaned in for a quick, soft kiss. "I missed that."

"So did I," a soft, welcoming smile was put on his face. It made me smile too. "However, I should get going." His smile dropped.

"Oh." My smile disappeared. "Okay... I-I understand. Call me, tonight, okay?"

"I promise, sweetheart." Ketch stated before heading out.

-thursday morning-

After taking a shower, I turn my back to the small mirror, checking my scratches. Still there and not healing. I stayed in dungeon for about an hour, and Crowley wouldn't say a word.

It keeps bugging me, and I hate that it won't go away. It's been days. Although, last night, it was like wired to only think about what it could be.

However, I stopped what I was doing and carefully thought. "Magic. It's gotta be." I said to myself, realizing how dumb I am to not think about it before. Magic spell.

Rushing to dry off and put some clothes, I walked past the kitchen, and straight to the dungeon to Crowley.

Determined, I pushed the shelf to open up the space where Crowley was. Walking up, I banged my hands on the table.

"It's a magic spell, isn't it? That's why, when I got clawed, it felt like I was dying."

"Ding, ding, ding." Crowley responded.

Taking a step or two back, I crossed my arms and sighed. I can't believe it took me this long to realize it. "Tell me how to fix it."

"Hm. Well, I would've... if you just came to dinner, but seeing how you captured me..."

I scoffed, exiting the dungeon. Heading over to the kitchen, Sam and Dean were already there having coffee. "Morning." They both said.

"My scratches are magic." I blaintly stated.

"What?" Dean snapped his head.

"Yeah. I realized it eariler, and to get a confirmation from Crowley, I was right."

Sam looked away from his tablet, and had a confusing face. "Do you know what spell it is or how to fix it?" I shook my head at his question.

Taking a seat next to Dean, I rested my head on the table. I wanted to scream. It'll take forever to force Crowley to tell us... if he knows what kind of spell it is.

"Well, let's get researching." Dean sighed.