Chapter 62 Fifty

Wei Ying stared at his husband and pouted.

"I don't want to go to sleep. Not yet. I'm not tired." He lied.

"Then, what does Wei Ying want to do?" Golden eyes searched his, trying to find a clue.

"I want to sit. There." Wei Ying pointed to his lap.

Ears pink and hot, but Lan Zhan smiled up at him and opened his arms. Wei Ying wriggled into his favourite position and snuggled closer, relishing the strength of the arms holding him in place.

"When did you start doing handstands, Lan Zhan?" Wei Ying entwined their fingers together and kissed their joined hands.

"Five."

"When you were five?" Wei Ying wondered what he had been doing at that age. Oh yes...that was just after his parents had left him, and...he shook his head of the bad memories. No, he was not going to be sad, tonight.

Tonight, was the first night in so long, that they were alone. Together.

And Wei Ying was determined to enjoy it.

"How many did you have to do?" He whispered against the smooth neck.

"Fifty."

"Fifty? But you were so young..." Wei Ying was shocked.

"Training. Uncle said ten for every year."

"So you were five, just a baby, and...fifty?" Wei Ying kissed his jaw.

"Mn." Lan Zhan felt along his back for the familiar and beloved red ribbon. The silk felt cool against his fingertips.

"What do you think of, when you think of fifty?" Wei Ying asked him, settling himself more comfortably.

"Half of one hundred. Punishment for breaking one rule in Cloud Recesses."

"Really? And what is the punishment?" Wei Ying smiled, thinking he was going to have to change a few things.

"Fifty times writing out the rules."

"I bet you didn't ever have to write them out." Wei Ying beamed at him, delighted with his smirk.

He reached up and kissed him enthusiastically.

"But Lan Zhan, do you know what I think of, when I think of fifty? I think of you."

Golden eyes looked puzzled, deepening when he saw Wei Ying's smile become brighter.

"I think of fifty as a whole number. Not as a stepping stone to a hundred, but whole and complete by itself. And," Wei Ying reached up to kiss his nose," if I put a two in the middle of them, it makes five hundred and twenty. Say it out loud." He prompted.

Lan Zhan did.

"I love you too." Delighted once again, Wei Ying captured his lips, this giddy feeling refusing to dissipate.

Lan Zhan held his face with warm hands and carefully kissed him back.

Whe they broke apart, Wei Ying continued to smile at him.

"Mn?"

"You make me happy."

Lan Zhan blushed.

"Like, all the time."

Lan Zhan blushed some more, but now he hid his face in the crook of Wei Ying's neck. Wei Ying kissed his hair, lovingly.

"So I think, we should give fifty some love in return. What do you say?"