T W E N T Y - N I N E

May 30th, 2011

Tony's house was an absolute wreck. The wall of windows that once looked out across the sea was blown out, giving it a cruise ship balcony-type feel. If it wasn't so rubble-filled, it might've actually looked nice. Nat, dad, and I got tasked with bringing Tony a goodie-filled box (tools and such from his father), so he could have something to work on. Nat and dad walked ahead of me while I floated the box behind them.

"Natasha will remain a floater at Stark with her cover intact. Rosemary, unfortunately, will not."

"Woah, wait, what," I interrupted Fury, "The deal was that I remain here until all major threats are eliminated. All major threats are not eliminated."

"You will remain here until reassignment."

"But-"

"No buts. The public has seen your face a little bit too much over the past 6-or-so months, and the press is getting antsy. They wanna know who you are, where you came from, and what you are doing here. While the world leaders are ok to know who you are, the general public is not. You'll be placed so where secluded."

"Oh, so I'll be doing desk work. Great. Not like I went through eight years of painful shots and training to be in the field or anything."

"I never said anything about desk work," Fury turned to Tony, "You remember Agent Coulson, right?"

"Yeah," Tony answered shortly.

"And Tony, remember, I got my eye on you," Fury turned to leave, "Little Coulson. Do not follow me."

"Damn," I muttered.

"We've disabled all communications," Nat said, making sure Tony knew his limits, "no contact with the outside world. Good luck," and she left, walking the opposite way as Fury.

Tony looked to dad, "Please. First thing, I need a little bodywork. I'll put in a little time at the lab. If we could send one of your goon squad down to The Coffee Bean, Cross Creek, for a Starbucks run, or something like that, that'd be nice."

"I'm not here for that. I've been authorized by Director Fury to use any means necessary to keep you on-premises. If you attempt to leave or play any games, I will tase you and watch Supernanny while you drool into the carpet. Okay? Or, better idea, my dear daughter here could enter your mind, throw around some movie scenes and leave them unfinished. She loves that," taunted dad.

"Ooo, yes, that'd be great fun. I did it to Clint once. He still hasn't figured out what movies they are. It's hilarious."

"I think I got it, yeah. Thanks, Agent Coulson and traitor."

I scoff, and dad and I leave.

May 31st, 2011

"Hey, kid," Tony said as he entered my room. I was packing up to leave for New Mexico, which was where I was reassigned. Apparently, there was a crash-landing of space material, but no one could lift it. This object also radiated some powerful...something, which I felt this morning just a few hours before I got the reassignment call.

"Hi."

"I uh, I hear you're leaving."

"Yep."

"I'm sorry for...."

"Oh yeah, definitely something to be sorry for."

"You know what, you've got those fancy powers; why don't you tell me what I'm sorry for."

"Fine," boy oh boy, was his mind a mess. But, among all the chaos, I found something truly incredible, "You found a suitable replacement for palladium!"

Tony looked around, "Yes."

"Tony, that's incredible! Wait, are you sorry that you did it without me?"

"No. You were just in my mind. How do you not know what I'm sorry for? Don't bother looking again. I'll just tell you," he sighed, "I'm sorry for overreacting over these past few days. I understand that you were trying to do your job, and that meant keeping who you are a secret from me."

"Tony, you don't have to-"

"Does it look like I'm finished?"

"No, sorry."

"Listen, kid, come visit anytime. You are always welcome here."

"Thank you, Tony. I'm sorry for having to lie to you."

"It's whatever. Now, bring it in."

"Huh?"

"A hug, dumbass."

"Oh," I crossed the room and walked into Tony's open arms. The hug said words we couldn't.

A/N: Happy Fourth of July, everybody! I hope you all left out some apple pie for Captain America last night so that he can spread freedom throughout the land! Anywho, I hope you're all having wonderful weeks! (that sentence makes no sense, but I don't feel like fixing it) Thank you for reading this book, adding it to your reading lists, commenting, and voting on chapters; it means a lot! Love y'all!! :) <3

P.S. I'm thinking about changing the title, so be prepared