Chapter 5

In any case, whoever it was, is not there anymore. Meaning Izuku can relax.

And relax he does. Well, if you can call passing out in the corner of a dark brick alleyway relaxing.

...

Izuku woke up in a brick alleyway with minor injuries somewhere in Musutafu, Japan.

He was confused, that is until he remembered just what went down here. After that, the only thing he was confused about was how he only had minor injuries. Anyone could have found him, passed out after dark in the streets of Japan, weak and vulnerable.

He couldn't see quite right.

Only to find out that it was just because of the broken mask obscuring his vision. Oh no.

He didn't get to give Hats- Meimei back her gadgets.

He had just utterly screwed up his first friendship in almost 10 years. He was deemed to be lonely forever and end up with 11 cats named-

"Hey, kid, are you alright?" Another figure had popped out from the darkness, cutting off his train of thought.

"I, uh, think so? But, I can't quite, uh, see you?" He replies.

As the figure steps into one of the lighter areas, Izuku realizes exactly who he is talking to.

"Holy shit! You're Eraserhead!" He exclaims, quite lamely in his own opinion.

"I- Yeah, how did you know that? Who are you?" Eraser asks.

"I'm on some online forums, we like to share any underground hero sightings. I found records of you in the sports festival that won you your transfer and it was so impressive. I personally really want to be a hero, and you're just a huge inspiration to me-" Izuku stopped after he realized he was mumbling.

"...How did you get your hands on my sports festival records?" Eraser questions once more.

"I, uh, did research?" Izuku said as he checked the time. "Oh my-, I'm really sorry, but I really have to go. Turns out I passed out here about 3-ish hours ago? I'm going to be in so much trouble if she's back already... Thank you, Eraserhead!" He said, just before taking off, leaving a highly confused pro hero in his wake.

When Izuku got back home, his mother was, fortunately, not at their house yet. So, he got the first aid kit and dressed his wounds, not knowing if it would actually help. He got changed, went to his room, and promptly passed out once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At Shota Aizawa's apartment, he thinks back to the kid who knew who he was.

Even pro heroes think he is a civilian most of the time. This is what makes him an underground hero. He isn't supposed to be known, much less by a literal child.

"Zashi, did you tell anyone recently that I’m a pro?" Shota asks.

Maybe it was one of the children he expelled trying to get revenge? That doesn't really narrow it down, he had expelled the whole class this year.

"Uh, no? Why? What happened?" Hizashi Yamada, aka Present Mic, replied to his husband.

"I just found this kid in an alleyway, and they knew who I was. Their exact words were, 'Holy shit! You're Eraserhead!' I tried to ask them who they were, but they just gave vague answers then ran away. I just wanted to make sure we didn't have anyone dangerous on our hands." He explained.

"So we have an unknown child that happens to know who Eraserhead is. Maybe they're just a big hero fan?" Hizashi asked hopefully.

"No, Zashi...They found my sports festival records."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the Midoriya's place, Izuku had woken up to his phone.

Not an alarm. Not a battery fully charged notification.

Izuku had woken up to a friend.

Well, more specifically Hats- Meimei, spamming his text messages.

Apparently, it was already around one and she wanted to know if he could come over. So Izuku got up to go get some water, only to see that his mother had left a note for him whenever he woke up.

'Hey sweetie, I saw that you were still sleeping so I decided to just leave a note! I love you <3 I will hopefully be back around midnight! :)'

At least he can go meet Hats- MEIMEI, Meimei at their place.

Oh no.

He has to tell her about her inventions.

What if he ruined their limited friendship already? How is he supposed to even begin to apologize for destroying their work?

Calm down. It will be okay.

Hopefully.

So Izuku makes his way across Musutafu, in order to get to their house. It wasn't too far away, just about 30 minutes to walk. When he gets to her house, he still can't help but question how he can possibly make it up to her.

"Zuku? What are you doing just standing out here? We have work to do!"

Wait...He recognized that voice.

"Meimei I'm SO SORRY! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry! Is there any way you could ever forgive me?" He rushed out.

"Uh, Zuku? I don't know what you're talking about. Could we take this inside?" They asked.

After Izuku had, of course, responded with a yes, Meimei had grabbed his wrist and dragged him to her mini studio.

"I, uh, may have been walking home a little later than when you left. And so this creep came up to me and told me to give them all my money. But I didn't have money, so I told them that but they didn't like that and lunged at me. Don't worry, I ended up winning, due to them...disappearing?" He hastily explained.

"Zuku? I'm still not seeing why you feel the need to apologize to me?" She asked.

"You see, I was wearing your gear when I fought."

A/N: OMG I'm so sorry this took so long, thank you for waiting! You also may have noticed I started using Hatsume's pronouns! I've decided to keep her 'any pronouns' to mostly she/they, just for the sake of being able to refer to Izuku as He/Him and Mei as she/they.

P.S. I had literally so much trouble writing this chapter, but I got it done and I'm really proud of myself!

P.P.S This was edited in sort of a hurry, so if you see any mistakes, as always, please tell me an I'll be sure to fix it!

~ your bitch ;)