Poison

10 January - Japan 05 : 45 3 years ago...

"Get her!" I ran through the empty corridors of a enormous palace as the guards chased after me but it was of no use and I was soon caught by them.

"Let go!" I glared at them as I tried to break free of their tight grip. It was useless, these men were too strong and I was too weak. What had I done to deserve this, I was just twelve.

They yanked my long, dark coloured hair back to face him. " You! I knew I shouldn't have trusted you!" I cried.

" Oh, did I hurt your feelings," he grinned, bending down to face me." Sorry I wasn't who you thought I was."

"I hate you, Junta!"

"Shut up, you are in no position to address his highness like that!" the guard slapped me." How should we deal with her your highness?"

" Take it easy, she's just a kid," the then thirteen year old Prince Junta chuckled." What do you think I should do, Araya?"

" You wouldn't want do this," I hissed.

" What do you think of the poison I just got?" the two-faced prince smiled." Nevermind asking, just feed her the poison, don't kill her though, wipe off her memory and sent her far away from Japan. You hear me?"

"Very clear your highness!" As they forced me the poison, I laid there , helpless in a trance. My throat burnt as the poison flowed through. It hurts, it hurt really bad. There was no use in fighting, it won't lead anywhere.

"Oh, today is January tenth isn't it?" Junta smirked. "Happy birthday, Araya!"

Was this the end?

It happened on my birthday, three years ago. I worked as a personal aide and bodyguard for prince Junta for the past three years but I heard and seen something I wasn't supposed to and as a result was poisoned ,lost my voice and had my memory of the last three years was to be wiped clean. I was an orphan so nobody filed a missing persons report or tried to find me. The next thing I remembered was that I was on a plane to Italy under the story that I was recommended by my Master to the selection of the princes' personal maid and bodyguard.

I was sent from Osaka and arrived at Rome the same day at half past ten the same day. I was escorted by some finely dressed gentlemen from the airport to a luxurious hotel to stay for the selection. The royal highness rented out the whole hotel for the candidates of the selection which total up to the number of five hundred and forty one consisting of the world's finest martial artist, bodyguards, Kung fu and taekwondo masters. I fall under the category of martial artist and bodyguards which all will be staying on the fourteen and fifteen floor. The selection will run for a minimum of two weeks and the maximum of a month and a half. After I settled down in to my room, I toke a long shower, stretched a bit and went to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up at five and decided to explore the hotel and its facilities for it was going to be awhile until the people under this category, was going to be judged. Being the five star hotel, it had facilities such as a swimming pool, an arcade, private theater, a bar, and many more. Although, I didn't really know how to swim, I still decided to check out the pool. It was a huge infinity pool about 45x 90 meters in dimensions. That was the first time I've ever seen such a enormous pool. It wasn't until nine a.m that the pool opens so I headed to the arcade. On my way to the arcade, I caught a glimpse of some commotion. The hotel employees were scurrying around, exhaustively cleaning every corner until it shines.

"Weird," I thought as I waited for the elevator to arrive." What are they doing at this hour?"

.................................................................................................................

January 11 - Italy 08 : 25

It is now eight twenty five but there are still some facilities that I hadn't explored yet. Anyways, I ate my breakfast at seven forty five and I am making my way back to my room. I passed the main hall of the hotel and several participants were whispering in an very intense atmosphere.

"Oh my god! Did you hear?"

"I know right. Isn't it too early"

"Is he really here?"

"I heard he is somewhere in the hotel. I think he's here to observe the contestants."

My curiosity was at its peak but I couldn't ask the other contestants. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. It's probably just the hotel manager...It was 35 minutes until the pool opens, just enough time to get prepared. After showering, it was eight fifty, more than enough time to get dressed and head down.

09 : 05 ...

I ran through the narrow and wide corridors wearing my bright blue slippers, a short sleeved and knee length wet suit dragging my goggles and towel along. I had to be the first one there! I turned the sharp corner to the pool, scribbled my signature at the register, and burst through the door. I was pretty excited to swim for the first time after two years which from what I remember, much really happened. What was I doing with my life the past two years, sleeping? Much to my luck, no one was there.

"Yes! I can have the pool to myself for the time being!" I thought, panting, proud of the marathon that I had just finished. I dropped my towel on one of those unreasonably expensive sun loungers and slowly made my way to the uniquely designed pool steps. It was somewhat deep so I just stayed on the area before the fifth step. I was splashing around enjoying my time alone and since no one was watching I also made my way to the kiddie pool but soon found myself back in the main pool. I was going down the steps but I miscounted one step an slipped.

I gasped for air, flailing my arms to try to miraculously get atop the waters.' There's no lifeguard at this hour! I can't swim!'

As I sank deeper and deeper, someone jumped in just in time before I lost my breath...