Chapter 1 : Prologue. Unwanted end and beggining

I was a little nervous.

"On the weekend my mom suddenly cried saying let's go play, so I~"

"Did you see the drama last week? I was in tears. The child cried saying that she wanted to see her mom...."

I was used to listening to those stories without knowing what it meant.

Because I never experienced it.

What's a warm and harmonious home?

In my first life, I longed for those things.

I was definitely in a proper family.

It was an ordinary family of four.

But my parents were the ones who thought of marriage and childbirth as one of life's bucket list.

They thought that It's sad to only have one baby so they made two. That's how my mother gave birth to my brother and me.

Fortunately my brother was good at everything, but I was only half as good.

Maybe that's why my parents never forced me to do anything, they had no interest in me at all.

"Hey, cook me ramen."

"I ate it all. Wash the dishes."

My older brother used to take advantage of such indifference.

Well, I wasn't passionate enough to ask my parents for their attention

So to me, my parents were like some bills on the table, and my brother was rather a helpful person without me.

Nevertheless, I liked people

I received the affection I lost from my friends.

"Let's go to the movies, and let's get our hair done too. Okay?"

"I found something delicious, let's go!"

My friends recognized my clumsy affection which resembled my parents, it was blunt and indifferent, but they always held out their hands first.

Because of that, in the near moments of death at my first life, even though it was scary, I didn't regret it

'My family wouldn't be sad anyway.'

Brother must've been disappointed that his little errand boy was gone.

"No, why, why me...!!"

I reflexively pushed my friend next to us when the crazy driving car that suddenly hit us.

I was relieved by the voice of my friend who cried at my last moment.

'that's a relief, you're safe-.'

It's because my friend has a sister, a younger sibling and parents who were proud of their mature daughter

So at the age of almost twenty, I said goodbye to my first life without being able to fully enjoy the end of CSAT. (a college entrance exam)

* * *

'I would be really glad if that was the end'

I sighed and looked at the sight in front of me with bored eyes.

I was forced to die as many as ninety-nine times.

"I'm begging you like this. Only you, you're the only one who needs to be sacrificed"

In my ninety-ninth life, my brother opened his mouth.

"Ok, I know. That we are shameless...! But everyone can't die!"

Then my father opened his mouth.

"Oh, dear, I really don't want to let you go. But... but there's nothing we can do about it, to save, to save everyone....."

It was none other than the mother who gave birth to me who cried abominably.

Ha, What a load of crap.

"It won't be a bad story for you either. Your death will bring the family to glory and you will be forever honored as a hero."

Even the first person I saw today was talking about being my fiancée.

I clicked my tongue looking at them

'Every time I die like this, my first life came in mind.'

I wasn't forced to die then.

'It's rude to compare it to dying for these bastards!'

I was proud at that moment.

But never in my dreams, I would imagine that there will be a next time.
'No, even if you could imagine it, ninety-nine times is too much.'

It was a terrible disaster.

And what's worse is that maybe it's because she threw herself to save a friend in her first life, but then she was always thrown to death to save something afterwards.

Ninety-nine times. Until now continuously

'If it's only that, it would little less unfair.'

Honestly, isn't it too unfair that I died not long after the college entrance exam?