Chapter 8 : They said friends look alike

At that moment, I also realized that armed men were coming nearby.

Although he was still young, I could barely feel the signs.

"That's him!"

"The youngest princess is over there!"

The voices of the knights chasing were heard, and the man had to run without catching his breathless.

"What, why are you following me so fast? It hasn't been long since I left the mansion."

"How dare you talk with that filthy voice?"

The boy said so and swung the sword he had in his other hand violently at the man.

At first glance, he looked young, but his movements were skillful for his age.

'I think he's around the same age as older brother.'

No, this wasn't the time for me to appreciate it.

No matter how strong a child is, a child is a child, there is a difference in the size of the child, so I knew it could be dangerous if I move.

'If it doesn't work out, I'll protect you.''

Just by listening to the voices of the knights running behind me, I know that this boy is not my enemy.

"If you don't want anything to be blown away, put the lady down."

"You can't do that. I, I also...!"

"If you try to make excuses for a non-trivial reason, I will really cut you."

That's a harsh word for a child to talk.

However, I could see that it was not just a bluff just by looking at his gesture a while ago.

The posture of holding the sword was very stable.

Besides...

'He has magic.'

It's also pretty massive.

Of course, it was small compared to what I had accumulated over the past two thousand years, but I thought I could rise to the level of an Archmage with my efforts.

And it wasn't the only thing that bothered me, actually.

"P- please just turn a blind eye once. I'm in desperate need!"

Before I could look further, the man holding me turned and started running.

'Dimwit'

No matter how young the child was, his opponent has a sword, even the knights behind him, was chasing him, and showing his back was like asking him to kill him.

Stab-!

The boy generously slashed the man's shin with the scabbard instead of cutting it with a sword.

"Keoheok-."

At the shock, the man lost his focus and fell to his knees.

I thought, of course, I'd be stuck forward too.

But the boy's movements were faster.

The boy hugged me tightly with a cold face.

"I'm sorry, baby."

He even apologized as if he was careless.

The boy was busy checking if I was hurt anywhere.

Because of that, it's a little late to notice the fallen man hitting us.

"Princess!"

"Little Duke!"

I could hear the knights chanting in dismay.