[ 03 ]

— THEY'VE WARNED ME ABOUT GIRLS LIKE YOU

bright popular smart wanted! girls like you around the world who only know craving inside a clenched fist then mourn about the divinity of freedom. they don't (can't) feel anything; kisses so faint i can no longer feel my lips. meet and chew and spit out people like me; step on me then soar me high. bleed heavy emotion down your legs for tongues of two or three or four because uttering is too much and too real. you with the slightest touch feel so full in the twists of my limbs; i've never felt you outside my dreams so i wonder why i still fall homesick.

girl like you has grown up from mixing broken organs in your morning breakfast and grinding ashes of splintered hearts in your root canals. breathing comes easy from all the lungs you've devoured until your belly is churning but full. girl who has enough history seeping from your pores to make someone a blind lovesick puppy (i don't blame you i lost my eyesight too).

you who takes the world into the crevices of your mouth but slither away when someone gets past the edges of your fangs. maybe that is why you and i could never be one; you only fall into the hands of those who make you flutter away from the weight of your existence; that is why you crash so hard. you said this song reminds you of me; do i remind you of me? you hurt to look at but it hurts more if i don't.