Chapter Two

Song: Confusion by Manifest

____________________________________

Still feeling the burn in my my check, I turned to catch him still staring shamelessly. He's literally been staring the whole lesson, creepy guy.

I rolled my eyes. Since the previous week, the stares have become part of my existence in school, it seems as if I can't even breath without people watching me like an escaped convict.

But well..We move.

Finally, after about eighty-nine minutes of nonstop dictation of notes on the epistles of John, our religious studies teacher, Madam Ampofo lifted her arm to check her wristwatch.

"I roughly have a minute till my period is over, I'll just put an assignment on the boar-"
The rest of her statement was cut of by the sound of the syrine.

"Okay then, I'll send it to Mabel so she can send it to you all", she said picking her books and phone.

"Have a nice day.", she said as she exited the class.

I picked my backpack and started rummaging through my bag for my Kalypo (a popular kid's juice box in Ghana)

I may seem to old for this stuff but truth is it's absolutely wonderful.

Punching the opening of the juice box with its straw, I skipped my way to Philip's desk and hopped on it.

He looked worried and I knew it was definitely my fault. Sadly, I looked at him with a smile. He couldn't even smile back, I know he tried to, but he just couldn't the moment and I understood.

He really cared, and until after last week's incident, I never knew how much he meant it when he says, "I'm after you in everything. You know you mean the world to me."  And I never knew that, after every time I said he's being ridiculously cheesy, that, "I'm serious" with a slight chuckle was actually more than serious. It was the complete definition of sincere.

I kept on smiling at him though, he's always said he loves my smile and after all I've put him through, I'm definitely not going to display my heart on my face as long as it makes him less worried.

" Hey, what's poppin' ?", I asked beaming with a grin while drinking my pineapple flavoured juice.

"Jackie..." , he hesitated before continuing, "What's going on? Every one is saying it now, you really need to address the rumours before this gets you into trouble.", he brushed his palm over his face looking even more agitated. 

"People aren't shying from talking about it to your face anymore, just look at the stunt Mabel pulled. Imagine if a teacher heard what she said, there would have been unnecessary trouble. Jackie, please just tell them it isn't true. I don't like what they're calling you, honestly."

Tears started to form in my eyes. I turned my face away from him and blinked a few times before facing him again.

" C'mon Phil, is that why you were staring at me during class like I'm some mentally challenged something. I've told you before, let them talk. It's like they're bored. Abeg just leave them for me and besides stop being so concerned, I don't want you getting ill or something. But as for the gossip I don't care, ènka me shirt, na aba abèka me vest." I said as nonchalantly as I could.
(It does not affect my shirt, talk less of my vest)

"Please, please, please, please, don't even give me that, they're bored and so? Or you're now an aspiring entertainment prefect? If they don't know the use of TVs and phones, why do they have them? Can't they learn a sport or download music? Heck, why were they given sexual hormones. Please don't even say that."
He scolded, eyes closed, putting his head on my laps.

"And besides, Jackie, you are mentally challenged", he added with a slight chuckle while I play with his hair.

"But I'm getting better, and it's psychological not mental ", I rolled my eyes.

" Whatever, says who? "

"Rebecca", I answered, fingers still messing his hair up.

"The psychologist?"

" Yeah, the psychologist. ", I answered again, stroking his hair .

" But she hasn't sent me a report yet. "

"Maybe she's forgotten."

"Probably." , he lifted his head from my laps. "Let's go to the canteen."

"You are going to buy canteen food? Eww", I said scrunching my face up while standing up.

" No, gyimee, I'm going to buy us some snacks. If you like be acting like that food is not nice."  He stood up straightening his uniform. (Fool)

"You're wicked", I said as we walked out of the class.

"Why?"

" I'm going to buy us some snacks, then later you'd be the same person saying, Jackie you should really start watching your sugar. "

" 'Snack' doesn't mean sugar, Jackie. "

"Point of correction, 'snack' that's not in a typical Ghanaian school canteen doesn't mean sugar."

"Whatever babe.", he chuckled

"Whatever idiot".

_____________________________________

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy wonderful people,

*People Look around to see where that noise is coming from*

Don't worry, it's just me again.
*People sigh*.

Anyways, how is this chapter?
I know so far my chapters are short but trust me, I'm working on that. Really.

What do y'all think of Jackie though? And Philip too.
You think I should change their characters or naa.

Eiiiiiiii. They have done it ooo. My bulb has been flickering for 10 minutes straight. I knew it's ECG was and they didn't disappoint. I'm going to school and it's 3 something right now.
I pity myself😑

Anyways bye my loves.
Yvonne 💜