03. December

Xiao: "I'm bored."

I was walking around the forest boring myself out.

Xiao: "I have to keep watch over them for a whole month, three days have passed and I'm already bored..!"

'Should I go to the shrine? I wonder if Tàiyáng is already awake..'

I saw this one big tree and decided to climb it up.
At the top of the tree I looked around the area, I wanted to see if there are any monsters coming near the village or the shrine, but as it seems it was all clear.

'Guess I'll go visit Tàiyáng.'

I jumped down and went to the shrine.
After I arrived I asked some of the people from the Shrine if Tàiyáng was there.

•••: "Tàiyáng? He has left the shrine a while ago, he said he wanted to go to the forest to get some flowers there."

Xiao: "Flowers? In the deep snow?"

•••: "Those are really rare flowers, they only grow when there's snow on the ground.
If you know how to get this flower then you'll be able to make great medicine out of it."

Xiao: "I thought Tàiyáng was able to heal mortals with his powers?"

•••: "He can, but those medicine are for people that are sick or deadly wounded. Tàiyáng is able to heal people's wounds and mild illnesses but not strong illnesses or deep wounds, when it comes to those he's just like every ordinary doctor."

Xiao: "Aha. Do you know where exactly he went?"

•••: "he went to the southern part of the forest, you'll find him there easily."

Xiao: "All right. Thank you for the help."

I bowed down.

•••: "No need to thank me, please watch over our young priest."

As the woman of the shrine told me I went to the southern part of the forest and looked for Tàiyáng there.
After a couple of minutes I've finally found him.

Xiao: "Tàiyáng?"

Tàiyáng: "Kya!"

Tàiyáng turned around surprised.

Tàiyáng: "Don't scare me like that Xiao!"

Xiao: "Sorry. What are you doing anyways?"

Tàiyáng: "Oh, I'm trying to find some Iberis sempervirens here."

Xiao: "What are those?"

Tàiyáng: "Just some ordinary flowers..?"

Xiao: "I thought you were looking for rare flowers that only grown in the deep snow."

Tàiyáng: "Oh I was, but the snow here is not deep enough so I lost all my willpower to go any further~"

Xiao: "You look exhausted.. how long have you been looking for them?"

Tàiyáng: "ten or maybe eleven hours I think?"

Xiao: "It's only twelve in the afternoon! Have you been sleeping at all?!"

Tàiyáng: "Oh yes yes! No need to worry about that. I've had enough sleep!"

Xiao: "Don't overwork yourself!"

Tàiyáng: "I'll try."

Tàiyáng smiled away his exhaustion, but he couldn't trick me, I saw how his body was trembling and how hard he tried to stay awake.

Xiao: "Bèndàn."

Tàiyáng: "Huh-"

I took Tàiyángs hand and pulled him into my arms.