Chapter Two

(sorry i had to republish it, technical problems)

A/N: I'm so very sorry for such a late update. This chapter literally spent me one month editing! God damn school!:( Feel free to comment, I would appreciate it a lot!

Thomas opened his eyes as the light of daybreak had decided to intrude on him. Remanets of his dreams quickly drifted away, like a drain plug being pulled up. As if someone did not want him to recollect his memories. Thomas sighed and gazed up to the sky.  He did know what a pleasant morning was like, and the dawns of this place had to be one of the worst in human's history. The heavens were grey and plain as programmed. No rosy clouds or glowing ball of orange. Sunlight never bothered to knit patterns through the leaves, the ground was a canvas which the sun abandoned. Birds did not chirp, and the air was dry. All components of the physical environment were for the sake of pragmatism, and beauty was least of the creators' concerns. Oxygen concentration was closely calculated and monitored, while the sky was to shield them from whatever catastrophes there were outside. Perhaps being trapped here was the less evil to their fates, Thomas thought.

In this not-so-pleasant morning, his mind floated to somewhere just as nerve-racking. Thomas put a hand on his hair mindlessly and pulled and messed up the strands in despair. How can I possibly tell him? Hey Newt you know what I may have a big crush on you?

"What crush? Who is the lucky guy to win over our Griever-slayer's heart? " Chuck piped in and chimed.

Thomas blushed at his own's slip of the tongue. "I'm not gay, Chuck… " Thomas retorted in a futile attempt, which sounded more like a question to himself.

"Yup, only gay for Newt,"

Thomas looked at his friend, mortified.

"Come on Thomas, that's like, very obvious. At least it is to me and Minho,"

"You two have talked about my sexuality and love interests??"

"So it's trueee, you like him!!!" Chuck said it in a sing-song tone.

"Keep your voice down dammit," Thomas hissed under his breath.

"Hm, who does my Tommy have a crush on?" Newt said, appearing seemingly out of nowhere and placed one hand on Thomas' shoulder, causing Thomas to jump slightly.

"Newt! Good morning," Chuck said, and elbowed Thomas mischievously.

"Hey you too, you too," Newt turned to face  Thomas, "Mornin' sunshine, your hair's all messed up," Newt with his slender fingers  flattened Thomas' hair and patiently tucked the disarrayed strands back to their positions one by one.

"There, back to Mr. Handsome," Newt said and winked.

Thomas uptightly stood there, his face all red and hot, while his young friend wore a smug expression . "I'll leave you two lovebirds to it," The chubby boy turned and beamed away to the grassland. Thomas could just feel Chuck stealthily laughing at him. Newt, on the other hand, didn't seem to mind at all but wiggled his eyebrows at Thomas. "Lovebirds huh?" He said. Thomas laughed weakly.

"Excuse me I gotta go t…to the Gates, " Thomas avoided eye-contact with the blonde, "Thanks by the way,"

"Oh no you are not leaving me Tommy,"

"What?" Thomas said breathlessly, as a beautiful shade of scarlett secretly crept its way onto his cheeks.

"You may be recommended as a bloody Runner, but you are still the greenie and your tour isn't nearly done yet, so today you're with me,"

"Oh…right, where we going today?" He added with a frown on his lips, sadly it wasn't what he'd thought it was.

"We're gonna pay a visit t'the Slicers, and literally get our hands dirty,"