After Tonight

Summary: When Poe wants Finn to meet his childhood best friend, Finn begs Rey to tag along as his back up. She never expected Poe's friend to be so attractive. By the end of the night her life might not be the same.

Pairings: Reylo & Finn/Poe

Rating: GA (General Audiences)

____________________________

Rey's jaw dropped at Finn's request. It was not often that she was left speechless, but he had managed to do it. "Please don't make me beg," her best friend pled.

"You don't need me there to impress him. You're handsome, sweet, and funny, what more could a guy ask for?" Rey argued, refusing to be a third wheel again. She wasn't wrong, Finn was about average height for a guy, dark skinned, strong, but not overly muscular, had pretty brown eyes, was sweet, and when he wasn't being too serious or worried, he could be funny. He was a great catch, if you didn't mind that he was a little too protective at times, but that might have been because she was like a sister to him. In short, if she didn't see him as a brother then she probably would have at least a little bit of a crush on him. But they have been close ever since high school when they were both a little bit of an outsider with broken pasts that had only made them stronger.

"Yeah, I know, but his childhood best friend just moved back into town and he wants me to meet him. I need someone there to act as a buffer and possibly eventually distract him if me and Poe want alone time," Finn was giving her his best puppy eyes that they both knew she had a hard time saying no to. "Plus I want him to like me so I need a wingman to help me," he was getting desperate.

"Fine," she sighed in defeat. "But if this guy tries something I'm out," she warned him. She wasn't some helpless girl, the streets made sure she grew up knowing how to fight and protect herself in almost any situation, including guys that didn't understand the meaning of the word no.

"Poe promised me that he's a good guy, at least when it comes to how he treats women. I mean from what I hear the guy has made some bad life choices that caused a rift in his relationship with his family and friends, but that part of his life is over. Poe promised that he's reconnecting with everyone in his life and is stable now," Finn knew he wasn't helping his cause, but she had already said okay and he was a good enough friend to warn her about what she was getting into. "If he makes you uncomfortable we can leave," he promised, "and if you leave without me you have to text me when you're leaving and then again when you get home or feel like you're in danger.

"I'm already regretting this," she huffed as she stood up to get ready. She knew they were just going to the bar owned by Han Solo, who had become somewhat of a father figure to her. Between Han and Chewie she felt a little safer about meeting and potentially being left alone with some stranger with a sketchy past.

Rey refused to dress up just to meet a new guy. It wasn't a date and the Falcon was a casual bar. Instead she put on minimal make up, jeans, a comfortable green t-shirt, a black hoodie, and her worn down black converse. Her hair was up in its usual three-bun style. "Let's get this over with," she grumbled as she walked back into her living room.

"You could have at least put some effort into it," Finn mumbled under his breath. She shot him a glare that effectively momentarily shut him up. "Let's go or we'll be late," Finn smiled as they made their way out of her apartment. She could tell that he was nervous and excited at the same time, not just for the date but also to meet the best friend of his potential boyfriend. Rey wasn't sure how they weren't officially dating yet, but it felt like they were moving at a snail's pace.

When they walked into the bar Rey saw Poe sitting alone at one of the circular tables instead of a booth, which made her annoyed at the possibility that his friend did not show up. "I better not end up being some kind of third wheel," she grumbled. There was nothing worse when going out and being the third wheel, she knew that all too well since Poe had walked into Finn's life. Rey seemed to always be single. It wasn't that she never dated; she was just picky when it came to men. She wasn't going to just settle for some guy that she kind of liked. Rey wasn't dumb enough to believe that some perfect guy was out there, after all no one was perfect, but she wanted someone that made her feel like she was worth the effort. She had specific criteria that a man had to meet before she even thought about getting into a serious relationship: 1) he couldn't treat her as if she were some helpless woman; 2) he had to accept her independence; 3) he had to understand that she wasn't the type of girl that wanted to dress up and go to some fancy restaurant; and 4) he had to accept that her best friend was a guy and didn't have a problem with her having straight or gay guy friends. Number four was the most important of all of the criteria and it had a tendency to ruin many of her relationships. No matter how many times she told a guy that Finn is gay, they couldn't seem to get over the fact that he's a guy. The fact was, she worked in an industry that was predominately male and so he made a lot of guy friends. It drove her crazy when a man didn't trust her enough to believe that men and woman could have a platonic friendship.