My T-Shirt

Summary: Based on the prompt from Twitter: This supposed to be a favor to his best friend (aka the love of his life) - to let her stay here. Everything is OK, until one day he comes home earlier and sees her in his shirt making dinner. Both are embarrassed. The next day she wears another shirt of his.

Rating: E (Explicit)

_____________________________

'She only sees you as a friend,' Ben repeated to himself in his mind as he helped Rey move her things into his spare bedroom. It was only a temporary situation, a favor while she looked for a new place to live. Shortly after Poe moved in with her and Finn she had begun to looks for a new place. She loved the two men but after a while it felt as if she were impeding on their relationship in some way by living there and she didn't like feeling like a third wheel in her own house. Rey had explained this to him one night when they were drinking and watching a movie at his place. Of course drunk Ben offered her his spare bedroom while she looked for a place and sober Ben wasn't going to disappoint her by taking back the offer. That was how he ended up having his best friend, and secret love of his life, staying in his guest bedroom for an undetermined amount of time. There had been multiple occasions where he had almost told her to forget looking for a place and just stay with him but he wasn't sure he could handle living with her without ruining their friendship by confessing that he was in love with her when he was 99.99% certain that she didn't feel the same. The other .01% was his false hope that popped up every time she laughed at one of his jokes that everyone knew wasn't funny or when it felt like her gaze lingered on him just a little too long to be strictly platonic.

Ben repeated the mantra in his head until she was finally completely moved in. He couldn't help but think about how perfect she looked sitting on his couch as if she owned it. She had been over numerous times before but the fact that she was going to stay made it feel different, even if it was just temporary. Rey smiled at him curiously, "So are you going to stand there all night or are you going to join me for this movie?" Ben's body seemed to move on it's own, sitting closer than he probably should have but Rey didn't seem to mind. In fact, Rey almost seemed happy to lean on him, not realizing the torture she was putting him through by feeling her body pressed against his.

Ben was pleasantly surprised when he found that living with Rey turned out to be easier than he thought it would be. Sure it was torture when she'd come out or her room at night in her short pajama shorts and barely there tank tops, not even realizing she was really testing his self control, but overall it had been bearable. He found it was actually nice to come home and not be alone.

For the first time in a long time Ben found himself able to get off early. He had been working some late nights for the past two weeks and it finally paid off when he had finished the project he had been working on around 3 o'clock that afternoon. The deadline was the following day and he decided that he would look it over once more tomorrow and called it a day. He had made the executive decision that he and his staff deserved to leave a couple hours early, it was one of the perks of owning the company.

That afternoon Ben had told his employees to go home for the day. Unfortunately it wasn't a Friday so it wasn't an early start to the weekend, but they all jumped at the opportunity to leave a couple hours early. Ben hadn't thought to text Rey that he had left early for the day and was regretting that decision the moment he saw her standing in the kitchen wearing nothing but a pair of boy short style underwear and his shirt. Not only was it his shirt, it was one of his Galaxy Wars t-shirts with a picture of a sith holding a beer on it that read 'Let's get sith faced.' For some reason the fact that it was a Galaxy Wars shirt made it even hotter to him. Most men thought it was sexy for a woman to wear their button down dress shirts with some buttons undone, but to Ben the fact that it was one of his shirts from his favorite movie franchises was way sexier. His eyes widened further when he realized that he had just worn that shirt the previous weekend when they went out for Poe's birthday. His heart beat faster when he thought of her actually digging through his laundry to find the shirt. So many questions ran through his head in that moment. Did she purposely look for a dirty one so it still smelled like him? Did she do this often? Did she feel something more for him like he did for her? Was it all just wishful thinking on his part? He needed answers but instead he just stood there frozen.