03

yeji set the plates of food on the kitchen table and sat with jaehyun, he handed her a cup of ice and soda and started to eat.
"so eric said you're in school for graphic design? how's that" he started small talk with yeji
"it's stressful, i'm just glad i get to do it from home"
"working from home sounds like a dream, you know what i do for work"
"no i don't actually"
"oh, well i basically just sit at a desk all day and write emails and respond to them for my bosses, i was gonna look for a new job but it's pretty hard"
"i've never worked a normal job, eric works two so i can go to school but he's used all of his sick time this week and now he's scared he won't be able to go back tomorrow"
"i'm sure he'll be fine, he seems to be getting better"
    "he is getting better very slowly, his fever went down" she smiles "so jaehyun, are you seeing anyone?"
    "actually no, the last girl i was with fucked me over pretty bad"
    "how? if you don't mind me asking"
    "i don't mind, we had an apartment together and we had insurance, long story short she burned it down and collected the insurance money and fled the country and they couldn't prove she did it because she did it with microwaveable mac and cheese in the microwave. i had to move in with one of me and eric's friends, juyeon, it was hell but i just got an apartment last month"
    "that sounds horrible but i'm glad it's starting to work out for you. did eric offer for you to live here when that was happening?"
    "he did but i knew you lived here and i didn't want to invade your space" he reached over and rubbed the back of her hand "i'm gonna get going alright. we will hang out soon just the two of us maybe?"
    "sounds good" she immediately grabbed their plates and did the dishes after jaehyun left