09

jaehyun, eric, juyeon, juyeons girlfriend harin, and yeji we're all hanging out at a bookstore. people their age usually came here to sit and chat with their friends so what they were doing wasn't out of the ordinary in any way, shape, form, or fashion. juyeon and harin were in their own little world, stealing small kisses here in there in between soft giggles.
"disgusting" jaehyun slapped juyeons arm after a while "were supposed to be hanging out."
"no you and eric are supposed to be fixing your friendship, i don't even know why i'm here"
"mediator, i'm a wimpy girl i can't stop them if they try to get aggravated assault charges" yeji said
"what?" juyeon asked dumbfounded
"if they fist fight? god were at a bookstore go read something if you're that dumb"
"i'm not dumb"
"guys stop." eric chimed in and looked at jaehyun "did you sleep with my girlfriend". jaehyun looked at yeji who shook her head,which almost went unnoticed since it was such a small gesture.
"no. i did not fuck your girlfriend. more than once"
"jaehyun!" yeji slapped his arm
"i'm kidding, you know i'm kidding yeji. don't hit me"
eric looked at yeji "is he telling the truth? did you guys sleep together?"
"no. we didn't" she said quietly. harin was now completely invested and stopped paying attention to her boyfriend who was still trying to kiss her
"fine, i believe you. then we're good jaehyun?" eric holds his hand out
"we're good" jaehyun shook his hand and looked at yeji. the five left the bookstore after some more talking and parted ways. eric and yeji walked into their shared apartment.
"how could you lie to my face like that yeji?"
"what are you talking about?" she asked her boyfriend, who was clearly upset
"i have videos of you and jaehyun walking into his apartment"
"we don't have sex though"
"oh i'm sure you don't" he laughed in disbelief "you know what yeji. you can stop lying now, just tell me what's going on between you two"
"nothing is going on youngjae! we're just friends! why can't you accept that?"
"because he's so much better than me yeji. why wouldn't you want him? huh? he's taller, stronger, more attractive, nicer, he's everything i'm not"
"but i love you eric not jaehyun"
"bullshit, you look at him the same way i look at you."
jaehyun heard this from outside the door of the apartment, he had come to return eric's phone charger since it was left at the bookstore.
"she loves me?" he said softly to himself before knocking
eric opened the door
"yeji your boyfriend is here" eric yelled at her. yeji looked at jaehyun and sighed
"fine eric. you want to know the truth?" she brought the two to the living room and took her shirt off to reveal what looked like bruises. on her chest
"you hurt her?" eric looked at jaehyun, furious. jaehyun just snickered to himself and admired the girl in front of them, or rather admiring his work.
"no idiot they're hickeys. from him. me and him have been sleeping together for weeks. eric you don't care about me like he does. he's not better than you like you think. him being taller and whatever you said earlier isnt what attracts me. he listens to me. he can look at me and know exactly what i'm feeling, yet when my brother killed himself last year you got mad at me for being "too down all the time" so yeah, i have been fucking your best friend, but honestly you just aren't the one for me anymore, i don't know if you ever were, or if i was just desperate"
"desperate?" eric had tears streaming down his face at this point "you don't love me?"
"i'll always love you eric but.. you don't love me like you say you do so.. i'm leaving. i'm going to a hotel. don't look for me, either of you. i'll call you tomorrow jaehyun to come pick me up" she walked over to him and looked at eric before turning her head and kissing his best friend, right in front of him.
"get out of my apartment. now. both of you" eric demanded, completely heartbroken.
"gladly" yeji said as she slipped her shirt back on and left after jaehyun, she then made her way to a hotel and booked a room for the night.