Chapter 4

Nova was not good in a car, Tony had learned from the scream she had let out at the sound of the engine starting. Terrified she clung to Tony's jacket even more. Scared from being in a car for the first time along with the flashing lights from outside as they drove through the city towards the tower. One glance from Tony to happy and the car slowed down.

She keep crying into his jacket terrified of all of the new things and people around her. Her breathing started to get laboured, heart beating rapidly as she entered another panic attack, unable to hear what was going on around her. Not hearing tony when he looked down at her scared by her rapid breathing.

His eyes going wide as he realised what was happening. Tony knew then that it would be a long time for nova to adjust to the tower and its residents. He ran his hand firmly up and down her back as he gentle started talking to her, reminding her to breath. All while trying not to show how much he was also panicking.

For now Nova would not be in any more cars for a while once they reached the tower.

He could feel her start to go lax in his arms, exhausted from crying and panic. Breathing starting to improve after several minutes of tony mindlessly talking trying to distract her.

He slumped back in his seat as soon a he realised that she had fallen asleep. His eyelids felt heavy from the stress of the last week. Talking to many different doctors about several issues that nova had and discussing treatment plans along with updating the team and trying to control the media. Along with trying to get nova to adjust enough to him so that she may actually talk to him. He hadn't felt this exhausted in a long time.

"hey you alright there tony" Happy asked quickly looking at the tired billionaire in the backseat with a small child curled up on his lap. "How's she doin' the last few day I haven't heard much from the others" he asked trying to keep the man awake.

"I'm gonna kill that reporter when I see her in court" Tony growled. "The kid was practically treated like an animal".

"So is there anything that you can tell me about her" happy prodded wanting to learn more. "Any idea how old she is?".

"6" Tony sighed running a hand down his face. "she's never been outside before plus she's malnourished so she look about 4. I can't really tell you much else since she hasn't talked yet unless you want a full medical history".

"hey I woulda thought 3" happy answered. He looked at his friend through the front mirror, seeing him wrap the small blonde up with his suit jacket to keep her warm. Arranging her so that she would be more comfortable while subconsciously stroking Nova's hair. "so did the police tell you anything else, any triggers that we have to watch out for".

"I don't know" Tony sighed tightening his hold on his daughter slightly. "I'm gonna go see the place for myself as soon as the police are done collecting stuff for the court case". He was angry. Anything that happened to Nova in his opinion was his fault. If he hadn't been so wrapped up in himself then maybe he could have done something sooner. "She's terrified of me hap" Tony croaked trying not to cry although happy could see through the drivers mirror that his eyes were wet. "s-she's so scared of everything and I can't tell if it's because they did something to her in the past or if it's because she's never seen it before. I mean the kid's getting panic attacks everytime I reach for her". The billionaire wiped his face with his free hand to clear away the stray tears.

Happy Hogan felt a his heart go out to the man and the little girl sitting in the back seat. "you can't think like that tony" he stated firmly gripping the steering wheel. "your here for her now that's the important thing to remember".

"I'm not even sure how she's gonna be meeting the team. I might need to introduce the one by one. Shit, I haven't even told pepper" Tony ranted trying to get his mind onto something he has control over.