12. Love, create and innovate - not necessarily in that order

"Brett?"

"...Yeah?"

"You okay?"

"...Couldn't be better."

"So your heart held up to the.. stress?"

Brett chuckled.

"That wasn't stress Eddy. But to be honest there were moments when I thought my heart was gonna burst out of my chest or just simply stop."

Eddy got up onto his elbows.

"OMG Brett, you should've stopped me...!!"

Brett lifted his head off his pillow and exclaimed.

"Stop you ? Stop YOU Eddy? You have got to be joking!!"

"Why??"

"OMG, you should've stopped me says Mr Unstoppable-I-can't-help-going-full-throttle ?!"

Eddy blushed as he recoiled in horror.

"OMFG I knew I should've had a bucket of ice water ready in case you needed to pour it over me!! Like I said before, I really don't want to be your cause of death...!!"

Brett pretended to clutch his heart.

"OMFG Eddy, please stop... You just mentioning about pouring ice water gives me chest pains...!!"

Eddy widened his eyes.

"F*ck. Sorry. Brett. I really don't want to put too much strain on your heart, it scares me."

Brett smirked.

"Well Eddy.. your words mean nothing when your actions are the complete opposite."

Eddy lowered his head into his hand and groaned.

"I'm so sorry Brett.. I just couldn't help myself."

Brett burst out laughing.

"It's okay... honestly. And besides, I haven't felt this alive in... since... I recovered from my heart surgery when I was 22."

Eddy looked up and gazed at Brett as he sighed.

"Brett... that's beautiful.. I dunno whether I should smile or cry. It's still hella scary all the same though. Are you sure you're alright?"

"Well I bloody better be because knowing now that I have survived it, I have no intention of giving this up."

"...This?"

Brett grinned.

"Us."

Eddy ran his hand through his hair as he sighed.

"Brett, I hope you understand that I will not uproot my daughter while she's still at school. Not even for you, I'm sorry."

"Hey it's okay Eddy, I wouldn't expect you to."

"I would love it though if you would visit me if you could afford the time and money.. I'll be able to visit you too once I start working again.. when Caitlyn is at her mother's.."

"I will. Finances aren't an issue. I'll make time and visit. I promise."

Eddy raised an eyebrow.

"Finances are not an issue..? Geez I wish I could say that for once in my life..."

"Well.. Dad and I have a few patents that pay us royalties. So that takes care of that side of things."

Brett rolled over on his back and gazed up to the ceiling.

"Eddy.. I was thinking before about the sheen on Caitlyn's prosthetic.."