Chapter 13: the story

"So he comes from an ancient alien race?" Sabertooth questioned Blackfire.

"He does." She replied. "We were having so much fun. And then Raven came and ruined it. I'll make sure she pays for that."

"I hope this doesn't affect the mission Brother Blood has us on." Says Mammoth.

After Mammoth Sabertooth and Gizmo were sent to prison, they were instantly freed by Blackfire. The whole purpose of the boy trio robbing said bank was so Brother Blood could hack into the surveillance cameras and get every angle he could of Tsume's powers. How they worked.How they could be controlled.What methods could Brother Blood use to get Tsume on his side so he could obtain her powers?Blackfire shrugged and replied, "I only came to this school because I had nothing else better to do and coming here would lead me to Legito. Now that I found him, you boys are on your own."

"What?! You can't do us like that!" Gizmo shouted.

"I already have. Tomorrow I'm leaving. You three can't say otherwise because it was approved by Brother Blood. His focus is on Tsume and only on Tsume. Sad that he isn't focused on a boy that can control all the elements including ice. But that's his loss, and not my problem."

"Normally I would pound you for doing this at the last minute. But it seems your stay here wasn't going to be forever. Which is fine. Someone will fill your spot so we can go after the target." Said Mammoth.

"I guess so." The setting was at the Hive school of villainy.

A few hours after Mammoth Sabertooth and Gizmo were busted out of prison by Blackfire.Speaking of her, she entered her own room and started packing. Now that she found what she was looking for, there was no need for her to stick around. And the last thing she wanted to do was go after a girl with issues. Lots and Lots of issues.

(Titans pov)

"YOU LET HIM WHAT?!"

"Jinx, for the billionth time, I let Leo go." If Raven didn't have enough of Jinx's rampage yesterday, she was not ready for her the next day.

When Raven told the others the reason why she let Leo go, Jinx was the opposite of happy.

"You should have stopped him! Or knocked him out! He's going into a world he knows nothing about! And who knows what's waiting to get a piece of him!"

"Jinx, it's not like he can't take care of himself. Remember he took out Terra and he helped us get Tsume back and defeat slade. Kinda. It was technically a team effort." Said Kid Flash.

"That's not the point Kid, Leo is 14 years old. He had been sheltered all his life in his hometown. Which was destroyed mind you. His foster family? Dead. His foster sister? Brutally dead. He has no one else. NO ONE. And to top it all off, the sweet-sweet cherry on top, he comes from royalty! Which he never got the chance to experience because his actual family was killed! Along with his ENTIRE planet."

"Speaking of that. Did Blackfire make that up Raven?" Kid Flash Questioned.

"No. She didn't. I should know. I looked into Leo's deepest memories. From his birth to now. Everything Blackfire told Leo was true." Said Raven.

"See? And YOU let him go."

"I couldn't keep him against his will, Jinx. He lost everything. Both on Earth and on his home planet. Finding that out, dealing with his failures, and then burying the people killed by Terra? It's amazing he didn't break after all of that."

Jinx sighed. "We suck at this."

"Hey, We can't save everyone. But we can surely avenge them." Said Kid Flash.