Introduction

The events of Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021) and Birds of Prey (2020) has caused Barbara Gordon (Oracle) to take notice of the heroes in the respective teams and their abilities. Barbara was particularly impressed with Dinah Lance (Black Canary) and had since recruited her to help reduce and combat small-time crimes in some of the more impoverished areas of Gotham City. Later on, Dinah recommends to Barbara that the both of them try to bring in Helena Bertinelli (Huntress) to the team on the account that Dinah has frequently teamed up with and fought crimes with Helena.  Barbara objects at first saying that Helena fights too impulsive but is later convinced by Dinah to have Helena join the team as well. The three of them finally decide to bring in Tatsu Yamashiro (Katana) to the team after she offered to fight against Darkseid's upcoming invasion. Once the team is formed, the three of team have some slight tiffs in their initial missions given that Tatsu operates on a more mystic scale compared to Helena and Dinah, but they all manage to figure out their differences and find common ground soon. Barbara, meanwhile, helps the Birds out with the help of her computers in her Clock Tower base. 

Meanwhile in Apokolips, the mighty Darkseid has just given the assurance to his torturer DeSaad and his liege Granny Goodness that him and his Elite shall stop at nothing to possess the Anti-Life Equation, as he walks back to his throne. DeSaad goes to his chambers to get his legion of sorcerers ready and Granny goes to her Orphanage to make sure that the Female Furies are ready for the invasion. The Furies consist of Lashina, Gilotina, Stompa, Mad Harriet and Bernadeth (who is DeSaad's sister).  Bernadeth is the de facto leader of the team while Harriet is a monstrous being with characteristics of a zombie. Stompa, Gilotina and Lashina have been part of Granny's Orphanage since they were children and have since formed a strong dynamic within themselves. Even when one of the three occasionally find themselves in trouble with one of the more powerful New Gods, the others manage to rescue the one that is trapped. The five Furies had just returned from after having completely destroyed Thanagar and they brought with them the severed head of the leader of Thanagar, Katar Hol, as a trophy to be displayed in Granny's Orphanage. They get orders from Granny to ready themselves for the invasion of the Earth.