𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓❝𝙸 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚡, 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚜𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚛𝚔

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
❝𝙸 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚡, 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚜𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚛𝚔.❞

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

Throughout the night, many guys had gone up to Camila and asked her to dance. After the first six she and her friends began making categories. Which consisted of those that were high, those that were drunk, those that had used a terrible pick-up line, those who used sexual innuendos, and lastly those who wouldn't stop staring at her chest and stomach. 

Exhaling rather loudly, the girl rested her head on Eli's arm and grumbled. "Why are boys such pigs?" She asked no one in particular, before correcting herself. "No offense."

"None taken. We're assholes." Miguel told her and took a sip from his frighteningly red punch. Not even wanting to know how much red dye was in the small cup in his hands. 

Demetri raised his plastic cup. "Cheers to that."

Camila let her eyes roam around the dance floor, cringing whenever she saw a couple practically eat each others faces off. Though, the wrinkle in her forehead smoothed out when she saw her other good friend, Aisha, awkwardly standing alone. 

"I'll be right back." She told the boys before bee-lining her way over to Aisha. "Hey girl. I absolutely love your costume." 

Aisha smiled, feeling more relaxed in a friend's presence. She had dressed up as the element, sodium. 

"Thanks. It was actually supposed to be the molecular compound, NaCl- or more commonly known as-"

"Table salt." The two girls said in unison, smiling fondly at each other.

"I should've asked you if you wanted to be chloride. Sam said no, and I didn't think to ask, so here I am. As plain sodium." Aisha explained, feeling sorry for herself. "When people asked what we were, we were gonna shake salt onto the floor."

Camila's eyes widened, gears visibly turning. "You're meaning to tell me, that if I went as chloride I could've thrown salt at people?"  Aisha laughed, finding the interpretation of the joke funny, as well as the smaller girl's enthusiasm. The two friends soon got into a steady conversation, feeling less out of place now that they were with each other.

Back at the food bar, the three boys still stood, legs starting to feel the strain of standing in place for so long. They watched their friend use her natural charm as she talked with the bigger girl, finding nothing else in the large room particularly amusing.

"She's so pretty." Eli gushed, allowing himself to open up about his feelings now that it was just Miguel and Demetri next to him.

"Well why don't you ask her out?" Miguel interrogated. Having some knowledge of the connection the two had.