1.6

Once again I am in my panic room.

Over the course of the past few months, wars have broken out, men have been hurt, and I haven't heard anything about if my siblings are alive or dead. I need them to be alive.

I've lost too many people.

I finally leave my panic room and as I walk over to the community portal to the nether, I see a baby piglin who seems to have fallen through it. I pick him up, he is warm to the touch.

"Hey little guy. Where's your parents?" I ask him.

"I don't have any." He trembles in fear whilst speaking.

"Don't be afraid of me I'll take care of you. My name is Ranboo." I tell him.

"My name is Michael." He says. I carry him back to my house, which I've started building as not to be a bother to Kristin, now that Phil had gone to L'manburg as well.

"Here. This'll be your bedroom okay?" I take him into a small room.

"Okay."

I hand him some paper and colored crayons, and leave the room to sort my wooden planks for the 73rd time this week.

—<{<>}>—

After a bit of time, I hear a door open and a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and stand up. I look down at my feet and see Michael stretching his hands up as far as he can and I see he has drawn Me and him.

"Aww that's so cool!" I tell him, taking the drawing and pinning it to the wall with one of my arrows.

He goes back to his room, but I look at the drawing again.

I see he has written names next to the pictures.

It says "Daddy" above my name.

He wants me to be his dad.

This kid needed a family just like I had when I was his age.

I was determined to make sure he had one.