Chapter 10: Hell.

A/N: The next chapter might be shocking. Sensible people might don't want to read that. Anyway you know what to expect if you've done Children of Ursus side story

Pilot: ETA ten minutes!

The pilot's words came through the speakers inside the helicopter breaking the tension that had built up in the aircraft due to the anticipation of a risky operation. For sure it was not the usual operations of escorting VIPs or eliminating isolated camps from the reunion, this time it was diving directly into the middle of the hive. It was time to review the plans and check the weapons once again.

W: Doc we won't be able to take the main streets.

Sebastian: I know, they'll be swarming with soldiers from reunion, so we might as well take the back streets and hit them all at once, discreetly, if we come across any patrols.

W: Snipers?

Sebastian: If we take that route we'll be in the blind spot of the rooftops.

W: Yeah, that could work... And once we get the students back the alleys won't work though.

Sebastian: I'll take it from there.

It was surprising to the other operators that the mercenary and the doctor could communicate so simply when both of them felt a strong resentment towards each other, which was a nice euphemism to say that W wanted to kill him every time she saw him and that Sebastian was ready to break her neck if she showed the slightest sign of turning against Rhodes Island. But the two of them shared the soul of soldiers and could instinctively sense it in each other.

Sebastian: Are you all ready?

he asked, looking to the operators who nodded in agreement.

Pilot: We'll be there in five minutes.

Sebastian's expression suddenly changed and with a sudden gesture he grabbed Shining by her cape and pulled her towards him.

Sebastian: look out!

The window behind where Shining was sitting shattered, sending a gust of air and shards of glass into the aircraft. A crossbow bolt slammed into the other wall of the helicopter, but soon other projectiles hit the hull of the aircraft, raising the stress level up a notch in one fell swoop.

Pilot: We're being shot at!

Shining stood motionless in surprise as she clung to the doctor, pink starting to tint her cheeks. But no sooner had she realized the compromising position they were in than the doctor began to move again, grabbing Shining once more to put her back in her seat, then he grabbed his sniper rifle and opened the side door of the helicopter bringing more and more wind into the helicopter, looking out over the rooftops of Chernobog where various shooters were positioned, the view flashing by as the pilot did his best to try evasive maneuvers. The view of Chernobog was desolate, the buildings were in ruins, the gigantic meteorites of orignium swarmed in the middle of the streets and the snow covered the roofs and roads for several centimeters.

Sebastian: Stay away from the windows! W help me and take down those you can!

W: Aye aye~

The mercenary got up from her seat, seeming to ignore the fact that they were under enemy fire with the Olympian calm that she had and opened the other sliding door of the helicopter to take her favorite grenade launcher and began to fire from the helicopter, annihilating the rooftops and their occupants with a psychotic laugh at her slaughter, terrifying enough to send a shiver down anyone's spine. The doctor on the other hand began to look through his rifle scope and after a second the shots rang out from his rifle, spaced out only by the time it took for a cartridge to be re-chambered so that after a handful of seconds he had already fired ten times, not having to worry about reloading his weapon as each of the bullets he fired hit with terrifying accuracy seeming almost impossible to hit a target between the eyes up to almost two miles away. Eight seconds passed and he stopped firing on his side having eliminated all the snipers in the area on his side, the barrel of his weapon smoking from overheating, before lowering the weapon to get an overview of the city from the sky, and he could indeed see that there was no more danger on his side. He turned to the sarkaz behind him but as soon as he saw her in his field of vision she took a crossbow bolt right in the chest throwing her on her back against the metal of the helicopter, her grenade launcher sliding on the ground. Raising his rifle, Sebastian pointed it at a group of snipers, two shots, three dead. He put his sniper back on the seat and immediately turned to W. She held her hands where her wound was, blood spilling onto her white sweater, her face contorted with pain. Normally they might have been concerned about someone getting shot, but here in the helicopter they had three people capable of using medical arts.