→ 1. You?

Stella

"Stella! Are you up?" I hear my mom yell from downstairs. No, mom. I'm not up. I'm cooking donuts on my carpet.

Today was my first day of college. I had worked so hard all high school to get in here. And when I did get in, my parents were so happy that if you could power a city through happiness then they could've powered a state. 

"Yes, mom!"

I hear a ding from my phone and bend over to pick it up. It was from Isla, my best friend. We'd known each other forever and it's hard to remember how old we were at first. Maybe like 2?

I: 𝘪'𝘮 𝘴𝘰 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥!!!!!

Yup, and we weren't going to get separated here either. She was coming with me to college and I was so glad she was cause I don't think I can do the slightest of things without her help.

I shoot out a quick "me too!!", check my socials and hop out of bed.

I go into my bathroom and do my shit and pick out a outfit. I had already packed everything so I just picked a sweatshirt and sweatpants. 

I look homeless. Oh, well. Boys, watch out. Incoming hottie coming through.

I put on some mascara and chapstick and go downstairs with all my stuff.

"Stella grab a plate, and hurry up. We're gonna be late. Is Sage up?" Sage is my little sister. She's a high school junior so she's not much younger than me.

"I'm not sure. SAGE!" I call out.

"I'm coming, I'm coming! Wait up!" Coming? 

That's what she said.

"Where's Dad?" I ask, noticing he's not around.

"Oh, he's in the bathroom." My mom says as she flips a pancake. 

"Is someone missing me?" My dad calls out. What? No... of course not, right? Maybe I'm just gonna be like 10 hours away, but of course I'm not missing you.

"Sure, Dad." I make a sarcastic comment.

We make it out the house hurrying, but Sage tripped over and spilled orange juice all over the floor so that took 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 10 minutes to clean up but somehow we managed to make it out the door. Which I was genuinely surprised how we got there on time. 

"Stel!" I hear a familiar voice call out. And... guess who it was. Isla. And she.. tripped. One thing you should know about Isla is that she is 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 clumsiest person you'll ever meet. And this is not exaggerating. Like I mean.. it hasn't even been a minute since I saw her and she already tripped. I run over to help her and she manages to get out a quick thank you.

"Issy, do you ever make it somewhere without tripping though?" I laugh.

"Shut up." She shoots back.

"Okay, okay, I take that back. I bow down to the queen-" But before I can finish Isla shoves a bagel into my mouth. "tooho teht qwurnofjr clumsyeinss." I try to say but cannot since there was a literal bagel in my mouth.

"Sagey! Ah, Eliza and Ty! I've missed you guys so much. And I probably will after me and Stella leave for college." Isla pulls all of them into a hug. Like I said, we've known each other since forever so it wasn't surprising that Isla considers Mom and Dad like her parents and vice versa.

"We missed you more."

"Where are Jenna and Will?" I ask noticing they're not around. 

"Oh, they're back over there buying more bagels with Jackson." Jackson was Isla's younger brother. Jackson and Sage were in the same year of high school but they teased each other so much I never got an actual glimpse of them actually being nice.

Isla's parents and Jackson finally make it over while Isla and Sage have a debate over if all water tastes the same. 

"Ah.. My favorite other family." I pull them all into a bear hug even though it's 1 against 3.

Me and Isla plus our families look over the campus before we can go into our dorms.

"So, are you guys going to tour the city as well or are you going back?" I ask.

"I think we'll just grab a hotel and tour the city. We'll leave after a few days." I wasn't surprised they wanted to stay since California was a beautiful state. It was also pretty expensive though. 

"Okay, sounds good. Text me the day before you leave so we can visit you one last time. Have fun! I'm gonna miss you all so much." I give everyone a hug and wave bye.

"I'm. So. Excited!" Isla screams. Like 𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴. All eyes shoot on us, and I yell out a fast sorry and get out of there.

"Issy! What the fuck is wrong with you? You screamed so loud all of California probably heard you." This was the worst first impression.

"I'm sorry! I was just 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 excited." She pleads.

"It's fine, let's just get to our dorms so we can unpack." I started walking and got lost, so Isla pulled out a map of the college. 

"Wait, did you know boys and girls share dorms here? Like they don't have separate girls dorms and boys dorms." Isla scans the paper. 

"Woah, I wonder how many teen moms are here." I laugh at my own joke, but Isla just shoots me a deadly glare that screams stella-shut-up look.

"We could share a room with a hot guy!" She stops to tell me and I can literally see hearts in her eyes.

"I would rather share a room with you." I tell her and keep walking. 

"You're so boring sometimes. By the way, they're having a party for the newcomers this weekend and we 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 to go!" She says as if it's an order.

"Okay, I'm down for that. I could use a party." I agree to her demands and find my dorm only to realize me and Isla are not in the same room. She's in the one next to me.

"What the fuck? I thought we asked the person who organizes everyone to put us in the same room?" I grow confused.

"Hey, at least we're right next to each other! And plus you could be sharing your room with a hot guy." 

"Issy, that's all you think about I swear." I shake my head.

I try to open the door but it's locked. So I knock. No answer. I knock again. No answer. I knock normally one last time. No answer.

"They're probably not in their dorm. And plus we'll just get our keys." Isla shrugs.

But this time I pound the door. And I'm greeted with a angry face I would hope to never see again.

𝐴𝑥𝑒𝑙.

---------------

𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆:

𝒂𝒉 𝒐𝒎𝒈 𝒊 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒆𝒏𝒋𝒐𝒚𝒆𝒅.

𝒊 𝒔𝒖𝒄𝒌 𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒐 𝒍𝒎𝒂𝒐. 

𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒔 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒚𝒚𝒚𝒚𝒚𝒚 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒊 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒓.

𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈! 

𝒗𝒐𝒕𝒆 <3