Reunion

In a dark room without lights, a young woman in her twenties with short straight black hair and blue eyes who wore a maid outfit was smiling at the screen displayed in front of her.

She was a necromancer and one of the members of the Researchers of Divine Wisdom, a terrorist organization operating in the Alzano Empire, her name was Eleanor Charlet.

She once worked undercover in the empire for her organization and pretended to be the queen, Alicia VII's maid and was planning her assassination and her daughter's, Princess Ermiana El Kel Alzano also known as Rumia Tingel now, a 'supernatural' banished from her family because of those abilities, for their own purposes. Of course, their plans failed many times by the intervention of a former Imperial Court Mage Corps, 'The Fool' Glenn Radars.

"But still, I just witnessed something interesting, didn't I?"

On the screen was displayed the scene of Glenn and his student, Sistine, against a fellow former Imperial Court Mage Corps, Jatice Lowfan through the eyes of one of her subordinates who was spying on them.

Although the latter didn't work with her, both of them were seeking to reach the Akashic Records, to be clear of the 'power to rule all the theory of the world'. She thought about one or twice to make an alliance with him for that purpose and how he did give Glenn a hard time but dismissed that idea after seeing how the man himself despised the organization she was working for.

'However, Sera Silvers, is it?' Through the many mentions of Jatice and the reactions of Glenn at that name, she had concluded that it was surely a woman important to the young teacher.

All she knew is that she was a deceased member of the Imperial Court Mages Corps, holding the title of third Arcana, 'The Empress' and a possible descendant of one of the Six Heroes of the Great Magic War, Salas-Silvers. She would surely need to make more research about it, it would surely become a way for Glenn to not become a hindrance to their plans anymore.

'...Oh.' Then suddenly an ominous and cruel idea came to her mind, she then took out a shining violet crystal from her pockets, it was the notes of their previous experiments, where they had a little time to use Princess Ermiana's power during her kidnapping with the help of the manipulated Riel Rayford, a failed product of the Project Revive Life they were practicing, before Glenn intervened and saved the two girls with the help of his former coworker, 'The Star' Albert.

"Fufufu... Shall we torment him a little then?" The woman's sinister and sadistic laugh resonated into the room as she decided to walk away, a precise idea in mind.

 XXX

"Sera!" Glenn was running through the dark hallway of Fejite's city, and his partner, Sera Silvers, were surrounded by Angel Dust terminal addicts, people who abused a mortally dangerous drug and were now mindless zombies following the orders of their master.

Both Glenn and Sera were sent on a mission to stop them, but they were overwhelmed. Glenn was currently separated from Sera who was also surrounded a few meters away from him, they couldn't join each other, though he wanted to help her each time he tried to move one of them approached him and he had to kick and punch them away.

"Damn it!" His trump card, 'The Fool's World' couldn't work since they weren't under direct magic control so all he could do was using his fists and gun.

Then Sera noticed that Glenn, who was fighting the one in front of him, couldn't see the one moving discreetly behind him with a knife in hand...

There was no time before collision so Sera ran from the ones around her and rushed over to Glenn, no time to use magic nor the correct time to warn him, not even the time to think correctly, she ran towards him with all her strength and extended her hand...!