Farewell

"Look like we have quite an important mission to deal with today, isn't it, Glenn-kun?" Sera looked up to Glenn who was behind her.

The two were at her favorite spot, surrounded by the ruins of an abandoned building and nature around them. For some reason Sera always liked this place saying that the scene looked kind of from a fantasy tale at night and would often drag Glenn with her to this place in order to spend time. The path would lead to a mountain full of grass where you could see the Sky Castle of Melgalius and create a magnificent view.

"Yeah... But why did you absolutely wanted to come here, and the evening before the mission of all things? You can always come back here after we have finished it and yet..."

"Yes, I know. I'm sorry Glenn-kun, to make you accompany me even though you must be terribly tired." Sera looked downward in guilt which made Glenn frown.

Of course, he didn't like the fact that she bothered him late at night for such a thing but for some reason he felt he could always forgive her because it was her of all people who did so. So when she did such a sad face like a kicked puppy, Glenn couldn't help but feel disheartened at his turn.

Yet Sera forced a smile to not worry him, "I'm sorry, Glenn-kun, if you want let's go back"

"It's alright, let's stay a little longer."

"Eh...?" Sera looked up at him in surprise as Glenn refused to look at her face and instead lied down on the grass, his hands behind his head acting like a pillow. "I'm saying that on afterthought I wanna stay here a little while longer, the stars aren't bad tonight so... Ah, but let me tell you first! I didn't do it because it was you who asked for it, I just happened to have changed my mind, that's all!"

"..."

"...What with that silence? I don't mind if it's a comeback but at least say something, White Dog..." It was embarrassing to have her listening to him as if he was talking alone. Did she even hear him?

Glenn's questions were quickly answered by the sound of someone sitting next to him. It was easy to guess who it was, there was only one person, besides there was a faint whisper directed to him: "Geez, how many times should I repeat that I'm not a white dog? ...But still thank you, Glenn-kun."

"...For what?"

"For everything. Thank you."

'I should be the one who thanks her and yet...' Glenn decided to turn on the side opposite to the direction of Sera's voice because he didn't want her to see the current state of his face, could it even become more hotter? Could it even become more redder? He didn't know and didn't wish to know, a lot of fuzzy feelings were like a storm inside his heart and yet it didn't feel that bad, just hard to bear.

He also didn't need to turn around to know that she must be smiling from where she is. Since Sera didn't say anything back like 'Why aren't you facing me?' That means that she had accepted his reaction, for some reason he was at the same time relieved and disappointed to know that.

"―"

"..." And then, silence. Somehow his man's instincts told him that things would get awkward again if he kept on talking. She... doesn't seem to care about it. Up until now it was her who hated the silence and always brought up a new topic each time there was a void between them like that. Nevertheless, it seems that he is the one who can't stand the silence today. She was just enjoying the silence but he couldn't. She was enjoying this moment where they were with each other but he couldn't. For some reason, there was an unsettling feeling inside his chest. So...