Fifty Nine: Dance the Night Away

Later that day, Isabelle had fallen asleep and was woken up by the sound of Bill's voice, but she was no longer wrapped in his arms like she had been when she fell asleep.

"Hey, love," Bill said, pushing a strand of her hair away from her face. "How are you feeling?"

"Like shit," Isabelle mumbled, closing her eyes again.

Bill chuckled softly. "Mum sent a potion that she says should help with the pain, but you've got to eat something first so it doesn't make you sick."

Isabelle let out a small groan. "I really don't want to eat anything."

"I know, but it'll make you feel better," he said.

Isabelle huffed quietly. "Fine. Only if you carry me."

Bill chuckled again. "Really?"

Isabelle nodded with a cheeky smile, and Bill laughed as he reached one arm under her back and the other under her knees to lift her up bridal style, carrying her out of the bedroom and down the stairs as she giggled.

"Wait, you don't want me to help?" Isabelle asked as he set her down on the sofa in the living room.

"No, I already made lunch, you just sit right here," Bill said, leaving her towards the kitchen.

He came back a minute or so later with two bowls in hand, as well as a small potion bottle that he set down on the side table, and handed her one, the smell of the warm soup in the bowl making her realize she was more hungry than she thought.

"You said you were feeling nauseous so I thought soup would be a better option," he said.

"Thank you," Isabelle smiled gratefully, taking a bite. Obviously Bill's cooking skills were no match for his mother, but she still thought it was delicious nonetheless.

She soon finished her soup while he ate beside her, and was pretty happy that it didn't make her feel sick and actually made her feel a little better instead.

"Just a sip of this, then?" Isabelle asked him when they were both done, picking up the bottle to look at it.

"That's what Mum said in her letter. Hold on," he said, getting up and taking their bowls away into the kitchen. He came back a few seconds later with a glass of water and handed it to her.

"In case it tastes bad," Bill shrugged, returning to his seat.

Isabelle set the water down and opened the potion bottle, taking a sip of it before her face scrunched up and she let out a small cough. She set the bottle down and picked up the glass again, taking several big drinks of water.

"That's terrible," Isabelle said, putting the empty glass back on the table.

"I figured, pain potions usually are," he said, wrapping an arm around her and pulling her into his side. "You should feel a difference in a few minutes."

"I hope so," she said, cuddling into him.

——————

Isabelle ended up sleeping through the rest of the day and late into the evening with him on the sofa, the pain potion going into effect after a few long minutes. He was happy to lay with her as she drifted off, rubbing her back gently to try to help her.

Bill didn't realize how exhausted she must have been after their short trip to Egypt until then and let her sleep, not minding her incoherent mumbling against his chest or the fact that his muscles were starting to ache from laying in the same position for so long. He was just relieved that she wasn't in as much pain and she was able to get some rest.