MARCH: ON THE GROUND, TEEN IDLE

The park was a nice place to relax. Usually, children would be running along with the woodchips and sand, climbing monkey bars, and sliding down plastic as their hair stuck up in all different directions. There would also be a man with a cart, strolling around the area. Little head would perk up and eyes would beam. Tiny feet would stomp as they ran with their parents to order a treat that would soon melt in their plum hands.

Today, it was quieter. A bit windy, yet it was still. Aren observed the leaves that danced off the tree branch and twirling on the floor. His legs rested on the soft floor as he wiggled on the swing. Shun also swung beside him, munching on a meat bun they got from the convenience store Nendou worked in. Saiki tagged along with them but had to leave after remembering he left his cat outside.

"I'm boooored," Shun whined, leaning back on the swing. Aren chuckles at him, sipping his soda.

"Why don't we play a game?" Aren suggests, and Shun perks up.

"What game would we play?"

"Hm...How about we ask each other questions?"

"Isn't there a name for that?"

"...Is there?"

They both laugh.

"How about I ask you seven questions, and you ask me seven?" Aren asks.

"Wait, why seven?" Shun asks.

"I don't know, I just thought of a random number," Aren paused, "But maybe seven can be our special number".

"Our special number?"

"Yeah."

A beat passes.

"Okay, deal," Shun agrees. He holds his hand, which Aren shakes.

"So what would you like to ask the genius that is me?" Shun laughs, making a pose.

"Oh great one, I wonder...", Aren plays along as Shun snickers, "Is that your natural hair color?"

"Hey! This is my natural hair color, you know!" Shun shrieks and Aren laughs loudly, his mouth covered by the back of his hand. Shun feels his face warm ferociously, thinking it's from the embarrassment.

"Okay, okay," Aren calms down, "This is a more serious one. Why did you take a job at the cafe? You told me you were banned from the school's baking class."

Shun laughs at the memory. "Yeah, I accidentally put a metal bowl in the microwave. Almost blew up the school," He mutters that last part before pausing, "I don't know. I guess it's because since Saiki and Mera both worked there, it would've been easier. Obviously, it wasn't, but they managed to teach me how to do things. Like, frosting a cupcake perfectly, or how to not break the cash register when it's jammed. It's really because of them that I'm getting better. I'm glad to have friends like them. Especially Saiki. I never thought he could be so good at everything. He seems like the laid-back guy who blows everything off. But he's pretty cool when you get to know him."

On the topic of Saiki, Aren realized that he doesn't know a lot about Shun's friends. He knows Nendou and Hairo, but he hasn't gotten a chance to hang with them much. It's not like Saiki would want to hang out anyways, though. He always seems so distant.

He knows Mera. They have a soulmate named Bex, who moved from America. He got that piece of information from Shun. "Bex is so cool! And crazy talented too!" Shun beamed, "They work as an artist, and had to move to Japan for work reasons. Who would've known they would meet their soulmate at the Cafe!"

'Mera has a soulmate, huh? What about Saiki? He doesn't really talk about that stuff, or doesn't talk at all.' Aren thought, taking a sip of his soda again.