Six ~ The Forest

I wandered subconciously for a few hours through the forest until about midday when I heard pained barks and howls echoing through the trees. I recognised the barks were like mine so I sprint forward in high alert before leaping and forming into the wolf. I sprint towards the yelps and distressed sounds dodging branches and rocks trying to reach this poor animal, adrenaline and anxiety fuelling me. I panicked as I could understand every cry for help from this other wolf.

I burst through a hanging canopy of leaves and skid to a halt before nearly flattening another huge wolf like me. He was my size and had sleek grey fur and a magnificent tail. He was laying on his size but as I got closer I could see an arrow lodged in his rear leg. He whined and tried to cower away from me, those blue eyes burning through me, assessing every bit of me. I slowly pad towards him with my head low and ears back in a non offensive manner, making him quieten a little. Seeing the sheer amount of blood soaking through his fur, gradually turning it burgundy shocked me to say the least. He froze and stayed still while I began to gently bite at the arrow so it would break. When it did, he whimpered and kicked about so I nudged his side with my nose. He calmed down and watched me, mesmerised while I changed back to myself and hushed him. I reached around to my water pouches and cleaned his wouldbefore pressing down and pulling out the arrow head. He howled a little as I did so and more blood poured out but he let me heal him, clearly thankful for the help. I cleaned the wound again and bandaged his leg up with herb infused cotton and I leaned back, sitting on my legs watching this poor creature before he amazed me. The wolf stood up, towering above me before placing his huge head on mine. My vision went white and I was dazed, just like the first time I came into touch with my wolf senses.

When I opened my eyes again there wasn't a wolf in front of me, but a young and may I say quite handsome man. What caught my eye most, were the ears atop his blond head and the tail swishing behind his legs. He shifted on his feet and held out his hand to me. I took it carefully and he gently pulled me up to my feet to stand quite close in front of him. His face held a small, kind smile which comforted me. I feel my face heating up under his gaze and I look down at my feet before meeting his eyes again.

"I never knew there were others like me." The man said to me, breathing a nervous but relieved laugh. I chuckled back in return.

"Me neither! Who are you?" I asked, my brows furrowed. He relaxed a little and shifted his weight to his unharmed leg which I'd forgotten about.

"I am known as the Enchanter of these woods but you may call me, Ty." I quietly let an interested 'ahh' leave my lips and he laughs again, looking at the ground.

"Um, thank you! So much for doing this. I was afraid that noone would heed my pleas or understand but you did, and you're like me." He grinned and slowed down as he said the last part, clearly amazed by me.

"It's no problem, really. Have to look out for the pack you know?" He laughed at this.

"Is there anything I can do for you in return?" His voice captivated me as I watched how he moved and lost myself in his eyes. Oh his eyes....

No! Stop it Minx! You've only just met him and helped him. There is a real reason you needed to find an enchanter, now you have! Get a grip girl!

"Oh! Yes actually! You said you are the Enchanter?" I snapped into reality and smiled up at him. He wasn't much taller than me, probably about Kili's height. Stop it...

"Yes I am! I stay in these woods but I feel like I should help you on your travels as you have done a great good for me today. You saved my life. I will repay you if I can." The sincerity in his words made me wonder back to what Gandalf said to me.