Chapter 12: Evers and Nevers United

David, Conan and Gally woke up, feeling exhausted. The cold draft of the night gave them chills all over, and it didn't help that the blankets were as thin as parchment. They'd stayed awake for ages, past midnight. What exactly were they doing at midnight? Oh, yes. Homework. Lots of homework. Given by Gertrude, their boring history teacher. Gally flopped down onto the bed, grunting in frustration at the daylight. It was strangely quiet, as the only sounds they could hear were the unpleasant shrieks of the mice in the traps that Andric set.

"Why doesn't he just throw the mice out of the window?" Conan questioned, covering his ears.

He glanced in the direction of Andric's bed, but he saw that it was still made and that no one had slept in it.

"Where's Andric?" he asked, studying his roommate's side of the dormitory. Gally turned around, checking if any sign of Andric had been left behind.

"It appears, he has never even entered this room after his punishment. Maybe he fell asleep in the Uglification classroom?"

But soon enough, as they checked, Andric was not there.

"What are you guys looking for?" Lola Griffin questioned, turning around from her chat with Mel. The three boys glanced at each other, hesitant to tell anyone about their roommate.

David replied, "Andric's missing."

"Oh, I'm sure he will turn up. Doesn't he always find a way?" Lauren asked, walking into the classroom.

"A way to annoy us, that's for sure," Tash added, trailing behind Lauren.

"Wait, who's missing?" Darcia asked from behind the desk.

Conan rolled his eyes and muttered, "Is everyone going to find out now?"

A tall girl came out of the shadows. "Well, he could be anywhere in the school right now."

"Gypsy!?! Why does everyone I meet find a way to pop out of the shadows and scare me!?!" Gally complained.

"Well, we must find him! Before the Uglification professor comes in," Mel warned.

It was early enough, and everyone skipped their breakfast to find Andric.

"He isn't in any of the male toilets!" Gally yelled to the others. Lola and Gypsy came running down.

"That Andric boy is nowhere to be found!" Lola shouted back to Gally.

"It's no use. Nylo and I checked everywhere," Tash chimed in.

David sighed, along with Gally sitting down against the wall.

"Can anyone do a location spell?" David asked.

"I can," Tash and Gypsy said simultaneously. They both glanced back at each other, not expecting that.

~~~

In the meantime, the Evers were having just as much trouble looking for Colin. Wesly took charge, as usual, ordering the Evers to search places.

"I know we've already searched the whole school twice, but let's try a thir-"

"No! We've already searched the school thoroughly. It's time to resort to spells," Myrtle suggested.

"Like... dark spells?" Angie asked, "Or magic? Kaiden has magic. I say we use him."

She patted him on the back, shoving him forward.

"Hey! Don't tell everyone! It was supposed to be a surprise at the circus," he protested.

"And telling me was a great idea," Angie replied, rolling her eyes.

Kaiden sighed in frustration, bringing his hands out. "Er, does anyone have an item of Colin's? I need it for the spell to work."