1 (ariel/the little mermaid)

short summary: you're Ariel's best friend and you catch her singing "Part of Your World". you think she crazy for wanting to go up to the surface.

you knew about Ariel's secret spot and her collection. she's your best friend. you tell each other everything.

you were currently swimming at her secret hideout to meet her and have fun all day.

as you showed up at the rock, you heard Ariel singing. she was singing about this new world that she wanted to be part of.

you thought she was crazy. the ocean is perfect. why would she want to go to the surface when we have so much down here. she is the daughter of the king of the ocean, has amazing friends, a family, want more could you want.

your family was killed by humans when were young, so you mostly hung out at Ariel's.

when you entered her hide out, she was laying down on a rock and looking at her dingle-hopper. she looked sad, and it really bothered you when Ariel was sad. when she's sad, you're sad, but this time you were a bit mad.

"Ariel," you said calmly. it was almost a whisper.

"Y/N!!" Ariel said shocked by your presence.

"what are you doing?! wanting to go to the surface! have you lost your mind! your crazy, you know that right?!" you started ranting about Ariel's song.

she looked down, looking a bit ashamed of her dreams.

"y/n, calm down, you're starting to sound like my father." Ariel said quietly but loud enough for you to hear.

"don't tell me to calm down. i'm trying to protect you. i don't want what happened to my parents happen to you! please, i can't live without you. do you understand that?"

"i understand, y/n."

"thank you Ariel. can i at least know why you want to go to the surface?" you asked.

"i've fallen in love." she said quietly and smiling.

you were shocked. "WHAT!"

Ariel chuckled and nodded. "i swam up to the surface and saw him in a thing floating on top of the water. what's it called?"

"a ship" you answered annoyed.

"yes! a ship. he was so handsome. but the ship broke and he fell in the water and i saved him." she said exaggerating on the word ship.

you were furious. "A HUMAN? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YOU SWAM UP TO THE SURFACE AN– A– AND TOUCHED HIM!"

"yes. and?" Ariel asked.

"ITS A HUMAN. IT COULD HAVE KILLED YOU."

"oh please y/n. how could've it killed me?"

you were honestly speechless. "i-i-i don't know, but it's possible that it could have happened."

Ariel shook her head and smiled. she knew that your were defeated.

"what should do next?" Ariel asked you, trying to mess with you.

"NOTHING!" you answered without hesitation.

"i know, i know." Ariel said and laughed.

she swam up to you and gave you hug. you hugged back.

"i'm not going anywhere."

"neither am i."

k so this is my first disney imagine. it probably sucks but i'm trying my best.

-minz 🤟🏼🌪🐄🤠💗