CHAPTER ONE

001

001. | ( SHADOWTRACERS ) 🗡️ • *. . *
CHAPTER ONE. . . . . ! ! !
━━━━ in the beginning

 ! ! !━━━━ in the beginning

━━━━  .•*•. ━━━━

    KING ARTHUR was a legendary British leader who, according to medieval histories and romances, led the defence of Britain against Saxon invaders in the late 5th and early 6th centuries. Arthur was accompanied by the supporting characters of the Arthurian Legend, such as Arthur’s father, Uther Pendragon, the magician, Merlin, romantic interest, his wife, Guinevere, the sword Excalibur, and the loyal friend Lancelot.

    I don’t know much about King Arthur but I remember bits and pieces of the importance of the legend. I don’t remember my father either. He is a huge blur in head. Mom doesn’t talk about him very much. She told me he was a savior, protecting people from the darkness in the world.

    I lived in San Francisco, California with my mother, Renee and my eccentric aunt Susan. Aunt Susan used to read me stories about King Arthur. I never did understand until I was around twelve when I realized what Aunt Susan was reading me for years.

    And so as I headed off to work at the double egg this morning, I thought nothing bad could go wrong. I thought wrong. I didn’t know that the moment that I stepped into the diner, that my life would change by the opening of the door and a ringing bell.

.•*•.

    The Double Egg Diner served the best eggs (hence the name) and the best brewed coffee in San Franny. I attached my name tag to my shirt and tied my apron around my waist.

    “Sammy, you’re late, Claire was demanding your head.” Tommy said as he washed the dishes. Tommy Jefferson has been my best friend since we were in the first grade. Tommy is a strangely skilled hacker and very afraid of everything. Everything including people which is ironic because he works in the hospitality business. Although that does explain why he is the dishwasher, always hiding away in the kitchen and never interacting with anyone except me. And Claire.