CHAPTER TWO

002

002. | ( SHADOWTRACERS ) 🗡️ • *. . *
CHAPTER TWO. . . . . ! ! !
━━━━ the truth shall set you free

 ! ! !━━━━ the truth shall set you free

━━━━  .•*•. ━━━━

    I FELT THE WARM HEAT from the sun shining on my face. I thought that when I woke up I would be in my own bed. In my own house that always smelled like safety and morning breakfast. I would go downstairs and see mom brewing a fresh pot of coffee and camael tea for Aunt Sue. She’d then kiss my cheek and stroke my hair. Aunt Sue would tell us about the horrible date she went on that previous night. I’d get dressed and meet Tommy and Claire at the front entrance of Fluorescent High. I would have the usual normal day as any other seventeen year old.

    But that's not what happened when I woke up this morning in Chinatown, in one of Mr. Spellcaster’s spare rooms. Far away from home. I went downstairs and found Mr. Spellcaster sitting in one of those comfy chairs drinking a cup of coffee. I noticed that Tommy and Claire must have either gone home or are still asleep.

    “Good morning, Sam, sleep okay?” Mr. Spellcaster said and set his mug on the end table. I looked around the room, noticing the very ancient and elegant architecture and little details of Mr. Spellcaster’s home. “I slept okay. Considering the fact that I was almost killed by a Hollow and that my father is a reincarnation of Lancelot.” I stated. I take a seat next to Mr. Spellcaster on the couch.

    “So, Mr. Spellcaster, should I still just refer to you as Mr. Spellcaster or do I call you Merlin or something?” I asked nervously. “You can call me by my first name, Eugene. I know you might still have some more questions for me, Sam. And I am open to answer them. Shall we take a walk outside?” Mr. Spellcaster offered.

    We walked around the block for about 10 minutes and I still couldn’t bring myself to ask him more about my father. Finally, Mr. Spellcaster spoke. “Sam, before your father died, he asked me to protect you until you were old enough to understand. Your father was a skilled Shadow Tracer and had loyalty to the descendant of King Arthur. It only made matters worse when the fifth generation of Mordred came and tried to take the throne from King Arthur’s descendants. A few months before your father’s death, I had given him an elixir that would keep him immortal forever. The only problem was that the spell would be broken if your father was wounded by Excailbur at the hands of Mordred.” Mr. Spellcaster explained.