Chapter 3: The Guide.

Time skips. Koko and Kandee have gotten ready for their first day, ridden the school bus to their university, and have made their way inside. They are now in the student's office, picking up their schedules and meeting their student tour guide. 

Kandee's POV

Not much was different about this schedule, compared to our old school's. Just a different school name at the top of the paper and some extra information about our courses. The office, on the other hand, looked very fancy and modern. Our old office was just so musty, and filled with monotone secretaries. This one had neatly dressed secretaries..and they actually seemed kind of nice. They looked...alive. 

The difference between office spaces wasn't what was on my mind though. Neither was the design of the schedule. All of that was just an attempt to distract me from unnecessary feelings of anxiety.

I was really a bit anxious about who our student tour guide would be. Although I'm not opposed to meeting new people, I'm not exactly a people person. And what help did I need from this 'tour guide' anyway? It's not like I'm not capable of finding things out myself! I'm smart! This was so stupid, it was riling me up so fast. It wasn't even anything to be upset over.

I snapped myself out of my thoughts and glanced back over the paper. In the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of something red on the side of my paper. 

Blood. I had gotten so worked up that I didn't even notice that my fists were clenched so hard. My nails had pierced my palm, right over past scars from the same occurrence. I probably should get that under control, but at the same time: I don't really give a squatting fuck!

I quickly licked the blood from my hand and folded my paper in half to cover the mark. Looking back at my surroundings, I noticed the secretary who had greeted us was returning with someone behind her. 

Before I got a good look at who she'd brought, I looked behind me to see if Koko was still standing next to the fish tank. 

He was. Hadn't moved a muscle. 

The secretary walked up to us and talked in a gleeful tone. 

"Alright! I finally managed to snag your tour guide!" 

She gestured to the figure behind her, and I looked up at them. I could only let one word out:

"Woah."

Koko's POV

"Holy fuck," I muttered to myself as the tour guide walked in. 

Usually, I'd be super inverted about my thoughts of other people, especially if I found them attractive. But this person....they were too much to handle.

I found myself drooling onto the wooden floor of the office, nearly lost in my thoughts

I found myself drooling onto the wooden floor of the office, nearly lost in my thoughts. They weren't doing much except standing there and staying silent. They hadn't even told us their name yet. Everything about them was so...perfect.