Welcome!

Small warning note:

This book has gone through multiple rewrites - it was actually paused from November 2021 to January 2022 due to burnout and personal reasons. So, until a chapter is written and said at the bottom "rewrite (insert date)" - it's the unedited and poor version. Since this initially was written I've gone through multiple styles of writing and practice so some parts are odd while others are just plain confusing, my apologies on that.
The book, without editing, was officially completed on the fifth of March, 2022.There have been so many plot holes and problems that I'm having to fix them in the prequel for this book -- I can't even understand myself how bad it got, how or what I was thinking when I initially wrote it.

But, let's continue to the initial welcoming now.

The Reaper is a book of my own original idea, the work being inspired / based off of the famous series, "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins, of course. It's based off of a mix between the films and books, but it'll mostly take more story aspects from books and more visual from the movies so bear with me here.
And if you've not read the books, no need to fear, there's not too many changes. If you've not read the books and only watched the films, I highly suggest read them, not for this purpose just because they're really good in my personal opinion.

On to the main point:

This will follow the plot / events of the second and third book of the official THG series with my own OC character I've spent too long creating and editing - cough.
But, so you, the reader, can understand anything odd: The protagonist is a girl from District 10 who goes by the name, "Aaron Smith." She's simply the victor of the 70th Hunger Games.

(yes, that's important, remember it.) I'll say that much instead of spoil anything.

Also, another side note: when a weapon in this is called a 'scythe' I'm referring to the old sickles used in farms, sickles that are sort of drawn in a lot of sketches / versions of grim reapers. Looks like a large, staffed scythe, but instead think of a six-eight inch (15--20 cm) handle with a similar sized-thinly sharpened blade.

Moving on~

The book is written in FIRST PERSON, so please give it a chance. I've attempted third person multiple times in this book, it will be obvious when it's in the third person, so again give it a chance as I'm still, when writing this, learning how to write good third persons without being too wordy or lack of detail.

LAST THING: This is officially the first book I've ever written and I never thought it'd get past 100 reads. When writing this, (July 13th, 2022) it's passed 40k reads and I'm on the edge of crying from joy over it -- but at the same time I'm cringing so hard from early chapters that are poorly done.
I've been on Wattpad for years and I didn't exactly expect myself to hop onto the writer's train and actually end up somewhere with a new passion, so again, thank you for reading through this and giving it a chance.

Otherwise, I'm sorry for being a bore.

Warnings.

Throughout the book there will be multiple mentions of MATURE themes. It's highly suggested you do not read this if you're sensitive to any mentions of these subjects;

Suicide

Self harm

Torture

Mental Torment

Gaslighting