Chapter 13

🐺HADES PIERSON🐺

I could feel my clothes tearing as I stalked out of the pack house. I shifted into my wolf almost immediately I stepped out and ran into the forest in anger. Honestly, I got really pissed at what Jeanine told me back at the pack house, watching Lucas and Jade play was what set me off. I know I instructed him to watch over her because she might be more comfortable with him seeing as she got to know him few days ago.
I just didn't........ Thinking about it again, I was just jealous.

Ughhhh, I'm so confused. My wolf isn't making things any better by growling at any friendly guy close to Jade.

I shifted back to my human form once I calmed down and decided to rest by a tree.
"Reed, you shouldn't be growling at every guy close to Jade."  I told my wolf.
"Well, no guy should be close to her"  He growled back.

Ughhh, I don't know why my wolf is attached to Jade, maybe its because we've known each other for a long time but I've also known Jeanine for a long time and Reed isn't attached to her like Jade.

Honestly, I just want to get over my birthday and find my mate. All these confusion should be cleared up by then.

I stood up when I smelled blood. Walking in the direction of the border where it smelled stronger, I didn't expect what I saw...... I got really pissed again.

"Luke, Jesse, I need you at the border now"  I mindlinked. Looking at Cade's lifeless eyes staring at me, I closed his eyes, excluding the silver dagger stuck on his chest, he looked like he was sleeping now.

I heard their footsteps before they got to me.
"Is that Cade?" Luke asked. I nodded.
"Shit"
"The Red Rogues just declared war on this pack" I said.
"Get his body and prepare him for burial " I said to them.

"Yes Alpha" they both said.
I went back in the direction of the packhouse thinking up strategies we could use in defeating the Red Rogues. We have to catch the mole in the pack. Jeanine's story has confirmed my suspicions. John Black works with the Red Rogues and he is/was probably the mole.

"Get Jesse, Seth and the other warrior officials to my office now" I mindlinked Luke.
"Yes Alpha"  Luke replied.

Getting to the pack house, I didn't see Jade, Jeanine or Lucas as I walked up to my office. I assumed they were in their rooms as I could still make out their scents.

I went into my office, waiting impatiently for the people I called.

After 15 minutes, they all stepped in bowing at me in greeting "Alpha"
I nodded at them and ushered them to take their seats at the lounge area of the office.

There were 3 sofas with a coffee table in the middle.
I sat on the one seater sofa.
Luke and Jesse, my Beta and Gamma respectively sat on both sofas flanked on either side of me.
Seth, our pack's Head Warrior sat beside Luke. The other officials sat beside Jesse.

"Okay, I called you guys here regarding the goings-on at this pack " I stated going straight to the point.

"We cannot fold our hands any longer and watch as our brothers and sisters get killed"

"For now, we increase the number of guards and warriors at every perimeter of the pack. No warrior or guard should be left alone at any guarding station. A strict curfew will be induced from now on, I have a feeling there's going to be a highlight attack with my birthday approaching " I sighed thinking about the days to come.

Honestly, I really don't want a party with everything going on, it's the perfect distraction. It would make the pack an easy target.

"John Black murdered his friends and wife"  I said without beating around the bush.