Chapter Four: The Underworld

After around half an hour, just as the clock chimed eight times- the two Goddesses arrived in the fiery corridors of the Underworld.

Jagged rocks lined the desolate, dark path in front of them, dimly lit by flickering torches across the walls.

But before either Ace or Dawn could do more than begin to take in their surroundings, a crash came from around from around the corner of the twisting corridor. Prompted by the loud crash, a horrid yell then echoed around the corridor,

"You need to leave, NOW!!! Do not come crawling back until you've defeated that little wimp!" yelled the voice, dark, gruff and rasping, with certain emptiness lining its cavernous interior.

At this, the pair of Goddesses looked at each other, tense and unsure of what to do next as they heard a grunt of anger and running footsteps pouring towards them. Upon this sound, Ace withdrew a long staff from next to her with a flourish and Dawn braced herself, rays of light emitting from her hands, ready to defend herself if necessary.

Then, from around the corner of the corridor came Pandora, eyes shining, arms wrapped around herself, her eyes heavier than ever.

When The Goddess of Darkness saw Ace and Dawn her dark green eyes painted a picture of uncertainty for a flicker of a second before her dark mouth twisted into a smile that couldn't quite reach the pools of green at her eyes.

Pandora jumped forward, chucking a ball of fire towards Dawn with a yell, the fire just barely skimming past The Goddess of Light as Ace locked Pandora in a fierce combat. The Goddess of Chaos using her long cane and her bright force-fields while Pandora pulled two silver daggers from her boots with a split-second movement.

The sounds of combat clashed through the corridor for a second, the beginnings of a fight cut off suddenly by the same voice echoing once more throughout the dark space around them,

"Enough. Get them out of here! You will not fight on our doorstep!!!" screamed Hades

With that, a sudden shower of stones, boulders and magical flames came flying towards the 3 Goddesses, signalling an impending doom.

An impending doom that was just narrowly avoided by Ace.

In a flash The Goddess of Chaos grabbed Dawn and Pandora, clicking her fingers once - binding Pandora in thick, heavy chains - and twice as she took the three of them out of the Underworld, her Portal barely making it through as it glitched and warped under the pressure.