Chapter Five: Where We Went Next...

So, now you know how we arrived at my house- or rather, what was left of it by this point -let's continue with the story shall we?

><><><><><

As I woke up, I made an instant attempt to see where I was- only to feel the fabric of the blindfold obscuring my eyes.

So, since I couldn't see, I listened.

I heard arguing.

The voices sounded through my head, unfamiliar and loud, and I was confused for a second before it all came flooding back, the Goddesses, the mission and the fight. I hastened to listen as the argument blazed on.

"Pandora stop, please!!!" Dawn shouted, as the sounds of a scuffle rang out around me.

"Dawn, some help right now would be appreciated!" yelled Ace, slightly out of breath.

Barely a second later, Pandora protested angrily as the sound of clanging chains echoed in my head and Dawn spoke again,

"How's that?"

"Thanks," Ace replied, letting out a long breath of relief before Dawn spoke up again,

"We need to sort this out right now," Dawn said determinedly.

"Yes and Pandora, you would do us all a great big favour if you stopped struggling!" Ace said, the volume of her voice raising with each word.

"If you'd actually let me speak, I WAS going to tell you that the mortal is awake!" Pandora snapped tetchily.

For a moment, silence fell.

Then, after a second or so, I felt the blindfold lift and saw Ace standing next to me with the blindfold dangling from her gloved hand, Dawn standing with her hands in the air seemingly holding a struggling Pandora several metres above the ground. As I wondered how Dawn was succeeding with this feat, I noticed a subtle cocoon of a force-field of light surrounding The Goddess of Darkness.

However, as Dawn opened her mouth to speak, she lost her focus and Pandora dropped to the ground, getting to her feet almost instantly, taking Dawn by surprise. By the time The Goddess of Light managed to turn around, it was only in time to see Pandora flick her hands upwards sending her spiraling through the air, Ace breaking Dawn's fall with a force-field just before she hit the ground.

"Yeah it doesn't feel fun does it?" Pandora spat bitterly, looking over at a startled Dawn with a vindictive glare.

A mere second later and Ace teleported in front of Pandora and, quick as a wink, dodged a punch from the Goddess as she looked down at the ground, focusing hard. In a moment, the ground beneath Pandora's right foot collapsed, letting her foot sink into the hole that Ace closed instantly afterwards, leaving Pandora trapped- her green glare combating Ace's yellow stare.

Suddenly, Pandora smiled slightly as she pulled her head up and sent a jet of dark energy straight at Ace's heart sending her backwards into a nearby rock with a sickening thud, laughing as Ace got up, looking up at a raven sitting up on the dark Mountain before meeting Pandora's emerald green eyes.

Then, without warning, Pandora shifted away in an unknown black void, prompting Ace to stop in her tracks rubbing where the black jet had hit her, a livid expression on her face.

"Dawn grab the Professor and hold on," Ace said, speaking seriously for possibly the first time since Dawn had met her, her tone prompting a jolt of anxiety in my stomach.

At Ace's words, Dawn nodded and helped me up- holding my hand and grabbing Ace's as we teleported away in a burst of yellow sparks.