Chapter 3

Langa's POV

It was now a week later and Reki and I messaged each other every night. I haven't had the change to see him again, cause he had a bunch of concerts this week.

"Hey Langa, come help me with this assignment." Miya said. Miya is a neighbourhood kid that always came to hang out when I was younger. Our parents we're also good friends. More like my mom was friends with them, cause my dad is dead.

"I just don't understand what you have to do eugh." He said. "I don't know either." I said as I stared blankly at his laptop. Right now Miya is 19 and in college, he isn't doing too well. Even though he's an adult his parents still ask me to take care of him and keep an eye on him. Otherwise every change he has he'd sneak out to go somewhere instead of studying. That's why I chained him up to his chair.

"By the way Langa, is it true that Reki Kyan was here last week?" He asked. "You know Reki?" I asked him. "Everyone knows Reki. So he was really here?" Miya looked pretty excited. Normally he only gets this excited about skateboarding or videogames. "Yeah, he was here. He's also my friend." I told him. He frowned his eyebrows and gave me 'that' look. "Please, don't make me laugh. Reki, 'THE' Reki friends with an airhead like you?" He said while looking me up and down. "I'm not an airhead and I can prove it." I said while pouting. "First of all yes you are an airhead whether you like it or not second of all you can't prove it, cause you don't actually know him." Miya said. I don't know why, but I'm pretty annoyed right now. Hmm. I grabbed my phone and started texting reki.

Langa: Hey                                         [14:35]
Reki: Heyy:)                                       [14:36]
Langa: Can you come to the shop? [14:36]
Reki: I'm on my way home right now so I guess I can drop by, why??             [14:36]
Langa: I have a friend.                    [14:37]
Reki: eh??                                            [14:37]
Langa: That's why.                           [14:37]
Reki: ooohhh okay I definitely know what you mean                                   [14:37]
Langa: Great.                                     [14:38]
Reki: Anywaysss I'll be there in 15 minutes k?                                           [14:38]
Langa: Okay, bye.                            [14:38]
Reki: Byeee <3                                   [14:38]

"Reki will come here in 15 minutes." I told Miya. "Langa.. it's getting kinda scary." He said while looking at me with a weird expression. "What do you mean scary?" I stared at him blankly. "Nothing, it just seems like you might be a bit obsessed with him." He said. Obsessed? Am I obsessed with Reki? I mean I do think about him a lot. I also check his social media a lot or reread our last send messages. Is that obsessed?

"Langa, instead of daydreaming bring me a hot chocolate and help me with this." Miya said while showing me his assignment again. "Okay."

I brought Miya's hot chocolate and helped him with his assignment.

Ring ring

Someone walked into the shop, I already knew it was Reki by the way he walks and dresses. "Reki!" I happily said as I walked over to him. "What?!" Miya said while quickly turning around. "You expect me to believe that this dude, whom you can't even see his face, is Reki?" Miya said with a kinda dead expression. "Yes" I said. "Hey, you, are you really Reki?" Miya asked suspicious. Reki started taking of his scarf, mask and sunglasses. "HOLY SHIT!!" Miya yelled with his mouth wide open. "Reki, I literally love you." Miya said. He looked like he was about to cry. "No, you don't..." I said while glaring at him. "Shut up Langa, I do." He argued. "I say you don't." I pulled Reki closer to me so Miya would back off.

"What's your name." Reki asked Miya. "Miya Chinen." This was the first time I ever saw Miya so nervous. "You probably already know, but I'm Reki and I'm indeed friends with Langa, so don't bully him, okay?" Reki said while Miya gave him an understanding nod.

Reki and I catched up about what happened this week. Of course Reki's week was way more interesting. He told me he went all the way to Mexico to do a performance. He also told me he's actually half Mexican.

"Hey Langa, I have to pee." Miya suddenly said. "Okay, I'll unchain you." I said while grabbing the keys of the locks. "Here you go." Miya quickly ran to the bathroom as I told Reki to sit down. He had a funny expression on his face. "Langa, why was that kid chained?" Reki asked with an uncomfortable smile on his face. "If I don't chain him he will run away." I explained to him. "Hahahh, what is he? A dog?" Reki said while laughing. "Yes." I answered.
"Eh?"
"Hmm?"

Before we could say anything else, Miya came running towards Reki and jumped on him. I gasped and gave Miya a deadly expression. No one touches my Reki.

"Reki, please just drop Langa and be friends with me instead." I heard Miya say. He was doing that typical puppy eyes thing of him. He always does this to get what he wants. "Of course I wanna be friends with you, but I'm not gonna drop Langa." Reki said while patting Miya's head. I stood up and grabbed the hood of Miya's sweater and made him sit on the chair on the other side of the table. "Stay." I said. "Phahahh, you guys are hilarious." Reki said while laughing. This isn't supposed to be funny though... In my eyes Miya was harassing you.

"Hey, Miya, Langa told me you like skating?" Reki asked Miya. "Yeah, I do." Miya said confident. "In that case, let's go to the skate park and show me your tricks." Reki said while gathering his stuff. "For real?!" Miya said excited. "Yeah, let's go. You too Langa, I can teach you how to skate." Reki said signalling me to come. "Okay." I said as I grabbed my coat.

______________________________

I was seriously thinking about putting a tw for Miya here (I love him btw)

Word count: 1042