Chapter 1

First chapter!! I did this at like 3am so I apologise if it's a bit cringy or whatever but honestly, I'm kinda proud of it so I hope you like it too!

"Sophie, Luna, I just closed the shop, you two should come with us this time," came a voice from the door. Looking up from my book, I see Bettie standing at the door.

"No, I better finish this," Sophie replied, gesturing to the hat she was working on, "You go and have fun."

Bettie looked over to me, asking if I would be joining them. I gave her a slight smile and shook my head.

"I'm alright, but thank you for the offer!" She nods and begins to walk back out the door.

"Alright, suit yourselves, let's go girls!" She calls to the girls in the other room.

"Look! It's Howl's castle!"

"Howl?"

My head perked upon hearing about the castle. Howl's Castle, although Sophie wasn't too interested in it, I'd always wanted to see it. I wondered what it looked like up close and what the inside looked like. I was never really into designing clothing or hats, I much prefered redecorating a room or finding the perfect flower arrangment for a table.

But, I could never leave Sophie, so where ever she worked, I worked. I could see the castle in the distance as it hid itself behind the fog.

"Have you heard of a girl, Martha, she lives in the south town? They say Howl tore her heart out," one of the girls said.

"You don't have to worry, he only preys on pretty girls~" they all walk out laughing.

The train passed by in front of the window, making me jump and cover my ears, I had always been sensitive to loud noises like trains.

I heard Sophie chuckle and shake her head, "When are you ever going to get rid of that fear L?" she asks, still working on her hat.

"It's not a fear Soph, it's just a...uh...I don't know! But I can assure you it's not a fear!" I exclaim, not really sure what to call it.

She laughs again and this time I join in. "We should probably get to Lettie's," she sighs. I nod and follow her out of the room.

"I'll meet you outside," I tell her and we spilt ways. After a few minutes she comes out and begins walking.

"Soph! Why are you wearing a hat? You're covering up your beautiful hair!" I exclaim, pointing to the hat pulled onto her head.

"It's not beautiful Luna, your hair is much prettier than mine," she mumbles. My eyes fill with sadness at her words, I just had plain black hair that went down to my lower back. I put it in 2 braids that lay atop my shouders and run to my chest.

The only thing I really liked about my appearance was my eyes. They were a light purple (Shown at the start of the chapter), Sophie always says they make me unique, something no one else has, and that it just adds to my beauty or whatever. Either way it made me stand out, and I was ok with that. I mean, who wants to be normal anyway?

We continue our way to the bakery, barey making it on time to get onto the bus. Our hair flows in the wind as we watch our town speed by.

We exit the bus and continue walking. I spot a gaurd and softly nudge Sophie, silently telling her to speed up. She gets the memo and we quickly walk away.

Sophie takes out a piece of paper and starts looking around.

"Please tell me we're not lost Soph," I groan.

"You're being dramatic, we're not lo-"

"Hey, looks like two little mice lost their way," a gaurd says, leaning towards Sophie.

I take a step in front of her to back her up a bit, "Oh, we're not lost, sorry to bother you." I say trying to find a way around them.

"These little mice look thirsty, we should take them for a cup of tea," the gaurd continues, completely ignoring my comment.

Sophie grabs my hand and replys, "No thanks, my sister's excpecting me."

Another gaurd with a mustache leans in until he's a few inches from my face, "Pretty cute for a mouse," directing his comment at me.

"How old are you anyway? You live around here?" the first gaurd asks. Now they were too close for comfort and I was begining to feel smothered.

"Leave us alone!" Sophie yells, her voice sounded stern but I could tell she was scared.

"See? Your mustache scares all the girls."

"So? I think they're even cuter when they're scared."

They were talking about us like we weren't even there, like we were objects. I stayed inbetween them and Sophie, if they were to do anything, better me than her.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder and a soothing voice spoke behind me, "There you are sweetheart, sorry I'm late I was looking everywhere for you."

This is just the first chapter but I hope to be continuing this and finishing it pretty soon!!! anywayyyyy 830 words!! the next chapters even longer