Chapter 2

I love how I keep making these at like 5 in the morning and when I get tired I start to just leave things out, that's how you know you need sleep...either way I didn't sleep til like 11 and then woke up at 3-ish. Oh well, ya live, ya learn. Also look at this fanart I found on Pinterest^^^

"Hey, we're busy here," the first gaurd snapped.

"Were you really? It looked to me like the two of you were just leaving," the voice cooed. I didn't dare look up, I held Sophie's hand tighter as I brought her closer to me.

Suddenly the gaurds straightened up and started marching away. A small giggle escaped my mouth as I watched them.

"Don't hold it against them," I finally looked up to see a stunning blonde man with piercing blue eyes, "they're actually not all that bad."

I looked over to see Sophie mesmerized by him. I had to admit he was quite handsome, but he was still a stranger.

His attention was focused on me as he asked, "Where to? I'll be your escort this evening."

I pulled Sophie away, I still didn't know this man, I can't just trust him so easily.

"Thanks for the offer but we don't need an escort, c'mon Sophie," I say but am quickly cut off by Sophie answering his question.

"Oh, we're just going to the bakery,"

"Sophie! We don't know him! We'll be fine on our own thanks," I plead.

He softly smiles at me, "Don't worry, I promise I don't bite."

Reluctantly, I nod and his smile grows a little wider.

"Don't get alarmed but I'm being followed, just act normal," he grabs onto my waist and links his free arm with Sophie's, leading us forward.

Suddenly, we hear noise behind us, "Sorry, looks like you two are involved."

I gasp as weird, slimey goop monsters start coming out of the walls in front of us.

"This way," the man makes a sharp turn to the left and speeds up his pace.

I grab into his arm as I feel his grip tighten ever so slightly around me. I close my eyes as I see the goop monsters appear infront of us.

"Hold on," he repositions his other arm around Sophie's waist and lifts us up into the air. "Now straighten your legs and start walking."

We do as told and I slightly open one eye. They both snap open as I see we are walking...in the air.

He leans down next to my ear and whispers, "See? Not so hard is it," I smile and look at the buildings below us.

"It's so pretty," I gasp. A chuckle esacpes his lips as we continue walking, if you could even call it that.

"You are a natural," he whispers again. A faint blush paints my face as I avoid eye contact.

He gently sets us down on the balcony and lets go of Sophie's hand, though keeping mine interlocked with his. "I'll make sure to draw them off, wait a bit before you go back outside."

"Kay," Sophie replys.

"I told you I don't bite, the same goes for you as well," he says, bringing my hand up to kiss my knuckle.

"Alright..." I breathe.

"That's my girl," he says, letting go of my hand and jumping off the balcony. Sophie gasps and runs to the balcony, looking over the edge. As for me, I stay frozen, a very visible blush on my face.

Sophie glances back at me and giggles, "Are you flattered or embarassed right now L?"

I let out a breath I didn't realized I was holding, "A bit of both actually."

"He seemed quite interested in you, I do hope we see him again. Good news is, now we know you're not a lost cause!" she exclaims.

"Sophie! I am not a lost cause, I've been in...erm...well...I take it back, I've never been in a romantic relationship...ever," I sigh.

Before the conversation could get any further, Lettie comes running through the door, "Sophie! Luna! What's going on? Someone just told me you two floated down to our balcony," she grabs Sophie's hands. Lettie was a very beautiful woman, and it definantly attracted most of the customers at the bakery.

I linked my hands behind my back and twisted my waist side to side, my black and white, off the shoulders, dress swaying with me.

 It looks like this btw ^ but you can change it if you'd like :)

"So that did happen, it wasn't a dream," Sophie breathes, it sure felt like a dream to me.

Suddenly a man pops his head out of the door behind us, "Lettie! Would you like to use my office?"

"I should really get back to work, thank you though!" she waves at him and leads us to the supply room connected to the kitchen.

We explain the event that just occured and how we got onto the balcony.

"Wow...you must've met a wizard then,"

"He was so kind to us, he rescued us Lettie," Sophie says.

"Of course he was! He was trying to steal your hearts!" Lettie reasons. "You two are so lucky, if that wizard were Howl he could've eaten them."

I look at Sophie with an accusing look, "Yea, and he could've kidnapped us! Or worse..." I trail off thinking about all the possiblilites.

"You're overthinking it again L, besides he only could've stolen Luna's heart, Howl only eats beautiful girls hearts," Sophie counters.

"Sophie don't give us that, how many times do I have to tell you? You're stunning!" I exclaim, trying to get her to see her worth, though it never works.

Lettie puts her hand on her hip, "Luna's right you know, you two need to be more careful! Even the Witch of the Waste is back on the prowl...are you even listening?"

"Huh?"

Just then a man slide a box out and peaked his head through the opening, "The chocolate eclairs are done!"

"Kay, I'll be right there!"

"Well...we better get going then, I just wanted to make sure you were doing ok," Sophie says.

"Before we go, could I get some of those eclairs?" I ask, Lettie nods and hands me half a dozen.

We walk out of the shop, the men calling out to Lettie, wanting her to serve them sweets.

Lettie turns to us and grabs our hands, though I almost dropped my eclairs, "Now Sophie, Luna, do you really want to spend the rest of your lives in that hat shop?"

I shrug while Sophie responds with how she's the oldest and it was important to their father. I didn't get why she cared so much but I guess I couldn't relate. My father left when I was a baby and my mother died of heart failure when I was 3 so I didn't really miss them or anything.

"I'm not asking what father would've wanted, I'm asking what you want!" she pleads. A man comes out, dragging her attention away from us.

"We'd better be going, it was good to see you again Lettie!" I smile and wave.

She sighs, "It's your lives! Do something for yourselves for once!"

We walk back to the shop, my mouth watering at the thought of eating the eclairs.

1150 words in this one, jeez. I hope you're enjoying the story so far!!!