Chapter 4

∾ Learning to Trust ∾

- Chapter 4-

Bendy chuffed, bumping his head against the hand that went to pet him. It'd been a week since he had first come up to the human who fed him dinner- Nicky- and he had since relaxed somewhat around her. He had also grown acquainted with the man who had took her to the meeting- Samir.

The woman smiled, running her hand along the Scp's back. She was glad they were making progress with getting 6030 less afraid of humans. They had been rewarding him each time he did something good. The treats varied, but most of it was food related. The foundation had quickly learned the Scp had a soft spot for it, specifically fruit.

She felt the demon snuffle against her palm, trying to nose it open to get the treat inside. She chuckled, pulling her hand away. Bendy was quite the opportunist when it came to food.

Besides, she needed the treats for what they were going to attempt today. "Come on. Up." She softly commanded, holding the treat up. They had been teaching him basic commands, since the Scp often had more animalistic behaviors then humane.

Bendy bounced to his feet, eyes trained on the treat in her hand. It was a strawberry; one of his favorites. He circled around her legs as the human stood up. She started walking away with the treat, the toon following eagerly. He hadn't had lunch yet, and was more than ready to have something in his stomach.

The toon flinched as she walked out the door, stopping right outside the room. The room was safe. Outside was not. It was a very basic thing that he had learned from Joey. If he was hiding in a safe spot and out of the way, he would only get hurt if Joey looked for him.

He backed away, whimpering. He'd rather wait for dinner then go outside. "Come. Come on. Look, there's nobody out here. It's safe." Nicky tried to goad him out of the room. She even took out another treat, his favorite along with a close second. She waved it in the air to catch his attention.

"Look, mango. Your favorite. You can have it and the strawberry in you come." She kept her tone of voice soft. The humans had no idea why the Scp was so terrified of leaving the room, but it was a headache nonetheless.

Bendy inched closer to the door, hugging the wall. He really wanted that mango... The demon peeked around the door, checking the hallways. There was only Nicky in sight, but he could smell many more people around nearby.

He shivered, but with a little more prompting from Nicky, finally stepped into the hall. He crept low to the ground, but accepted both the treats he was given. When he turned around to bolt back to his room, he found the door closed. It seemed it had shut behind him while he was distracted.

The demon whimpered again, backing away to huddle against his door. He was supposed to be in the room, not out. "No no no, come on. We're almost there. I have more treats." It made Nicky sad to see the Scp so terrified of being outside. Something horrible must have happened to it.

After another round of goading and begging, Bendy had a small leash attached to him as he followed right behind Nicky. The leash was very loose around his neck and rather thin, but the message was clear: Don't try to run.

He was led down the hall, before stopping at a nearby door. The scientist opened the door, the Scp needing no further prompting to hurry in. His tail was tucked safely between his legs as he quickly found a corner to huddle in.

Bendy shivered as the leash was removed, along with the collar that came with it. Nicky fiddled with different knobs as the sound of running water started. The door opened again as another man walked through.