Chapter 1

“Clara sweety. Time to get up.” A soft voice shakes me awake.

“Mooooooooom, 3 more days.” I groan, putting my pillow over my face.

She chuckled and moved my pillow from my face throwing it on the floor. “Up.” and with that she left.

Helloooo, my name is Clara Childs. I am 5’6, a sophomore, I have brown eyes and hair and I have an unhealthy obsession with Dunkin Donuts coffee. I recently moved to Salem Massachusetts my freshman year because my mom left me and my brother Charlie's worthless dad and married our new nice dad. 

I get out of bed and head over to my bathroom and get into the shower. I wash my hair and body then once I get out I lotion my arms and legs. Once I’m done I put on a Jane Norman High Neck Crop Top, Monkee Genes LIGHTWEIGHT SATEEN SKIN FIT Slim fit jeans beige, Talitha Kumari wrap and Wholesale Womens Boots vintage lace up high platform wooden heels. I straighten my hair and add a little bit of eyeliner and put on some smuckers chapstick. Once my morning routine is done, I head downstairs to find my mom in the kitchen. “Morning Mumsy!” I smile.

“Hi sweety. Ready for school?” she asks.

“yep.” I fake smile, “which reminds me I better be off.”

I go over to the door and grab my book bag and head out. As I walk out of my house, I see the most evilest of girls walking down the street with her minions. Shay Smith. She has long brown hair, brown eyes, and shockingly we were best friends last year. But once the summer got over she became the biggest bitch of the west. See what I did there. She is one of the people who make my life here a living hell. Ever since the bullying started, it got worse and worse. Now I’m at the point that they physically hurt me so I now avoid every possible way to see them.

I turn around and take the back way through the path in the woods to school. Its about a 10 minute walk but I don’t mind. It’s nice to get some peace and quiet. Ya know? Once I reach the school I go in through the back (considering no one goes back there) and make my way to my locker. As I’m getting my things out I get pushed onto the floor. “Ow!” I said, standing back up. I look up to see who pushed me and it was my biggest fear… I looked into the eyes of Matthew Lee Espinosa.

Matthew Espinosa is your typical popular boy. Jock, rich, complete hottie, and the god of assholes. He and his group of pricks started bullying me my freshman year for no particular reason. But I had Shay at the time so it didn’t really bother me until Shay started dating Matthew at the end of the summer and turned on me. Just thank the lord its only Matthew right now. He and his buddies consisting of Cameron Dallas, Nash Grier, Jack Johnson, and Jack Gilinsky.  

“Hey Clara.” Matthew says to me.

I look down at my feet and whisper, “Hi.”

“I need to ask you a question.” He smirks as his friends come up behind him.

“Y-yes.” I stutter.

“You know you have a fat girls name right?” he tells me.

“B-but I’m n-not.” I stutter quietly.

I shouldn’t have said that.

“Well not at present, but I can see you really pushing maximum density.” Cameron comes in.

I look down and hold a tear back. At least its not as bad as last week. It was really bad, I had to leave school early.

“Aw. Is the freak going to cry.” Jack J says pretending to be sorry.

They all start to laugh and I try to walk away but they pull me back and slam me against the lockers. I squeal in pain and Matthew walks up to me right in my face. “Don’t ever do that again.” he growls then smacks me hard. Jack Gilinsky comes up and throws me against the floor and they walk away laughing. I do not understand what I did to deserve this. I get up and head to my first class. Thankfully, I make it just before the bell rings and sit in my seat. My brother Charlie leaves the house earlier than me because he's a swimmer so he goes in for early practices. I look over and see him hanging out with Matthew. Charlie knows I get bullied but he doesn't know by who, I locked myself up so he doesn't really know anything about it.

As the class flies by and the bell rings I head to my next class just to find someone pulling me out the back door and pressing me against the wall. "Please don't hurt me." I say keeping my eyes closed. 

"Why would I hurt you?" I hear a boys voice say. 

I open my eyes to see my brother. "Charlie don't do that. I thought you we're a killer or something." I lie punching his arm. I honestly thought it was Cameron. Every other week he will choose a day after first class and drag me outside to beat me up or something. "Why did you even drag me out here anyway?" I ask.

"I have to warn you. Don't go the back way home. I over heard Shay talking to her friends about doing something to you on your way home from school today. So be careful yeah?" he tells me.

"Okay." I tell him and hug him tightly, "thank you." 

"Your welcome sis." he smiles and heads inside after we break our hug. 

Thank you Charlie.

I lean against the brick wall and cross my arms as I slide down it and pull my knee's to my chest. I don't understand what I ever did to make these people hate but I guess it really doesn't matter when the people who do it are popular and the school won't do jack shit. [[ like for real tho thats my school ]]  I pull out my phone and check the time. 8:45am. Well my next class just started. I really have no energy to go. Also considering I have Jack Gilinsky in that class I'd rather not.

I go to my phone contacts and call up my Steve (my step-dad)

Steve: Hey Clara. 

Me: hi Steve. Do you think you could call and excuse me. I'm not feeling to well.

Steve: oh of course hun. Head home and get some sleep. Love you sweety.

Me: thank you and love you too Steve.

I hang up and stand up and head home. I just want to get away, far away from this place. I'm sick of it. As I'm walking home I feel the fresh breeze of fall hit my face, I look at all the leaves that have fallen and the pumpkins of peoples yards. This place is amazing and Matthew, Cameron, Nash, Jack, and Jack make me hate it. Thats the worst part about it.