Part Ten: Gary....um 3rd badge

"Yes!" Gary yelled, pumping the air and dancing a happy jig. His dugtrio, barely conscious, returning to its Pokéball as Lt. Surge's unconscious Plusle is picked up by the dumb ex-soldier. "I won! Ha!"

"Kid, you've battled me every day for the past month and a half and lost every time before now." The giant oaf deadpans.

"Shut up!" Gary growled, trying to get up in Lt. Surge's face and managing to reach…the man's belly button.

"Here's your badge," Surge shoved the badge into Gary's forehead as the Oak heir was shoved onto his ass "now beat it!"

"You'll regret treating me like this!" Gary snarled, picking his badge up out of the dirt and placing it lovingly beside his two other shiny badges in their case, having made sure to polish them every night. "Nobody gets away with treating an Oak like this!" Gary yelped as the Lieutenant picked him up by the scruff of his neck.

"Brat, shut the hell up already." Surge grunted, kicking open the doors to the gym, "And get lost!" with a swing, the giant gorilla threw Gary out of the building and into a puddle of mud, the gym badges falling out of the still open case.

"My badges!" Gary panicked, scrambling in the mud for the three badges he had fought and bled for, the badges he had rightfully earned. "Get ready Ash," Gary spat out a wad of mud as he found the boulder badge "soon you'll see who the real master trainer of our generation is!"