Kayn: The star reaper (anyxkayn)

"Where exactly are we going?"
"Wherever this path leads," Kayn leans towards you with a dumb grin.
"So you DON'T know where we're going.. Great! A place I've never been to when it's almost dark."
"Geez. It's okay, I promise."
" 'You hear that (Y/N), I promise you'll be safe in the middle of nowhere!' " you mock Kayn as he sighs.

Your eyes dart to the small scraps of light that peak through the trees. The sun is setting quickly, making it hard to see Kayn where the brush is thick.

You flinch as Kayn stops walking, causing you to get a face full of hair as you walk into his back. "We're here."
"I can't see anything. Where is 'here'?"
"Next to me, of course," he chuckles.

You roll your eyes as Kayn lifts up branches to create room for you to walk out of the thin forest. Kayn glances backwards.
"What?"
Cautiously, you move up to be beside Kayn. He had no reply to your question about what he was looking at behind you. You glance forward to see a small lantern and some outdoor chairs. Silence fills the air as you look at the beautiful scene.

"Boo," Kayn breaks the silence by appearing on the other side of you, attempting to scare you.
"You're too cute to be scary," you lie trying to hide that he made you jump.
"Ooh. I'm flattered"

Kayn's tall figure looks down at you with a grin as he signals for you to take a seat. He quickly sits down in the chair he pointed at and looks away quickly. The air becomes still yet again, only the sound of the crickets and trees in the wind. Kayn then looks at you quickly as you sit in the opposite chair. He looks at you and clears his throat. He makes eye contact with you and then his lap, almost telepathically telling you that he wanted you to sit there and not in the other chair.
You blush as you cowardly stand up and approach him. Kayn's eyes pierce yours, making the atmosphere feel tense and heavy as you try to face yourself to be intimate with him.
"I'm sorry-" Kayn puts his finger to your mouth as you try to excuse your awkward approach.
"It's alright, (Y/N). I have an idea that might make you feel more comfortable."

Kayn opens a basket which you had failed to notice was resting by the lantern and removed a sheet from it. He stands up and places the sheet on the ground with a swift upward movement. He then sits down on the soft fabric and faces the glowing lantern.
This part of the forest made you feel strangely comfortable. It was well open and felt relaxing. Kayn again signals you to come sit down, but this time next to him. You smile at the thought of him putting your comfort over his.

You sit down next to Kayn as he begins to speak.

"It's really nice to be here with you. It's not that often that I get to spend quality time with anyone. Zed makes my life more stressful than it needs to be sometimes," he lets out a sign of relief as he loosens up his feelings.

Seeing Kayn this relaxed deepens your feelings of being content next to him. You slowly rest your head on his shoulder as he stares into the lantern.
You feel him tense up and quickly move back to your upright sitting position.

"No, no I'm sorry. I didn't mean to spook you. You can rest that way if you like."
"If you don't like it then I won't," you say as Kayn awkwardly stares at you.
"I do like it. You can rest your head there as much as you'd like," Kayn blushes.

You place your head back on Kayn's shoulder as he relaxes. You glance at the stars, then back at Kayn. For once, you were thankful to be laying on someone's shoulder. You can glance freely at his face without the fear of eye contact.
You take a bit to admire his confidence to bring you out here alone. Neither of you knew what could happen or if it would get undesirably awkward, but Kayn had faith in himself to swoon you and it sure did work.

Your thoughts are broken by Kayn.
"What?"
" 'what' what?"
"You were staring."

You look up to see Kayn had turned his head and looked down at you, zoned out and staring at him. You blush and turn away, feeling Kayn's braid moving as he adjusted his head to look away again.
"It's alright, you can stare," he said with an obvious smile in his voice. "Stare all you'd like."
The softness in Kayn's voice made it hard to not want to stare.

You feel drowsy as you realize you've been entranced for so long that you'd gotten sleepy. You lean back against the sheet and lay down against the ground, softened by moss. Kayn soon follows by laying down and slightly pulling you closer to him. His warmth was like a firework as you were soon cuddled up right next to him.
"Thank you," you say with a warm smile.
"For what? I should be the one saying thank you. You came with and didn't question me about it."
"Thank you for bringing me here and being with me."
"Oh, are you leaving? This sounds like what Zed does when he wants to end something early," he laughs.
You hug his side and stay latched on to him.
"Of course not. I'd stay right here next to you forever if I could."
You glance at Kayn to see his face flushed in red as he turns away, embarrassed. He wraps his arm around you to embrace you further.
"Then let's do just that for tonight."

Kayn turns back and kisses you on the forehead as his body warmth touches yours.
"Don't thank me. I'll always be right with you"