4 shots and a dream (femxjhin)

⚠️Just a fair warning: There is nothing graphic in this, but there are many small references to Jhin murdering/shooting people, but you're reading a damn Jhin fanfiction you masochist I don't know if I even need to warn about this.

One. Two. Three. *Four*.

     You heard the iconic 4 steps of clicking heels outside the dressing room door.

"Let's see, darling."

You look in the mirror and sigh.
     "I don't think this is the dress for me," you say, pitifully looking at yourself in the mirror.
     "Don't say that. You know you can pull off anything," he cooed back in a playfully annoyed tone.

     You took a deep breath as you unlatched the door with a click. The masked man peaks his head over his shoulder, ruining his own surprise.

     "Absolutely stunning, my dear."

__________________________________________________

     Jhin clicks his tongue, making you flinch.
"You're thinking about something."
     "You noticed. It's nothing important, I just was remembering something," you say, changing the subject. It had been a year since that day and Jhin had forgotten all about it.
     It made a wretched feeling of disappointment pile up in your gut. Ever since you had awoken, you were hoping Jhin would take you out somewhere similar since the day you got your dress was the day you truly felt connected to him.

     You glanced over at Jhin as his eyes darted up and down you with an intrigued look. Even after years of being close knitted with Jhin, it was still a shock to see his face. His eyes felt like bullets shooting right through me as if I was one of his victims.

     The click of Jhin's fork against his empty plate quickly broke the silence in the room. He slid it to the side of the sink and quickly began to walk out of the room.
     "Leaving already?"
"I have places to be, people to meet. I'll be back soon."

     You scoff as he adjusts his mask and slides out the door. It latches with a click as you slump. You're alone. Jhin, though closed off and cold to most people, had been compassionate to you for a while. It all seems like an act some day.
     A forth act surprise that he could just be waiting to do something to you. Like proposing or killing, whichever comes first.

     The silence of the house began to eat you up. You longed to be able to go out, but hoping Jhin would come home with a gift kept you locked in the house all alone. You slowly walk towards the door and glance out the small window beside it. The sun is starting to set and no Jhin in sight. You sigh and wait more.
     "Just 5 more minutes and I'll go out and look for him."

You take a slow long blink and stand up. You make your way to the door, pacing back and forth between every few steps in worry.
     "Was this his plan all along? To leave on a special day?" You find your courage and open the door to meet face to face with an unmasked Jhin, Whisper in hand. You jump, not expecting the tall man to be directly in front of you, especially after not seeing anyone outside of the window.

     "Move."
"Where have you been?!"
     "Better places," he says sounding genuinely annoyed.

You felt your heart sink as it set in. Jhin would rather be anywhere else than with his girlfriend on a special day.
     "I'm not moving."
"Then I have a gift for you," he said with a smile.
     The tear in your heart was suddenly sealed as his energy quickly changed to a smiling happy man.
You walk back into the house with Jhin and sit down.
     "So, what did you get me?"

Silence quickly fills the room. With the blink of an eye, Jhin pulls out Whisper and shoots his 4th shot at you.

     "A gift. A gift for your cooperation." Jhin caresses your head as he walks towards the door.
     "And sometimes.. That's what helps us out the best"

___________________________________________________

     You awake with a jolt of your neck. You look to your left to see Jhin driving the car while you're in the passenger seat. You jump again knowing that he was indefinitely the one who shot you. You feel your neck, but there is no mark. Quickly, the car begins pulling over.

"Are you alright?"
     "What DO you mean???"
"You were just asleep and fine, but jolted awake so I pulled over. Jeez, can a guy be caring without getting yelled at?"

*Asleep*

     "I was.. asleep?"
"Yeah, I just said that. Are you really okay?"

     You and Jhin continue talking, though taking everything with a grain of salt. You listen to Jhin's rant about how he'd never kill you and how he even stopped killing people for you. He sighed and leaned into the back of the car, pulling out the dress we bought today.

     "It's been a year since we went dress shopping for our date, so we went again today."

Jhin was right. It was an entirely different dress and your phone said the exact day.

"It was all a dream."

This was so weird to write wtf I had this idea but honestly had no clue how to execute it so I'm probably gonna come back and rewrite this later LOL.